The Associated Student Government (ASG) votes every spring quarter whether or not to approve the newest cohort of RSOs. All new clubs or organizations that complete the registration process prior to the deadline* will become Provisional Student Organizations** (PSO). PSOs are eligible to receive temporary and limited access to privileges in order to have resources to recruit members and raise awareness about the club.
The Provisional Status Student Organization Packet:
- The "Starting an Organization 101" packet contains all the information you need to know about starting a new RSO.
- This packet contains a list of privileges offered to PSOs and RSOs, the step-by-step PSO registration process, and additional resources like a sample constitution and contact information for Center for Student Involvemetn (CSI) staff members.
- You can view the packet below using the PDF viewer.
- Note: You may have difficulty using the PDF viewer if you use Firefox as a web browser; click the following link to download the PDF instead.
- PSO Packet: Starting an Organization 101 (PDF)
Any student who wishes to register a new RSO must review this packet. Any questions may be directed to email@example.com.
* The RSO registration deadline is once an academic year: Week 2 of the spring quarter, Monday, 5:00pm.
** New organizations can apply to become a PSO starting Week 1 of the fall quarter. Approvals for PSOs will be processed on a rolling basis.