Santa Clara University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges
The following credentials are offered by the School of Education and Counseling Psychology and accredited by the California Commission of Teacher Credentialing:
- Preliminary Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
- Preliminary Single Subject Teaching Credential
- General Education Clear Credential
- Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
- Clear Administrative Services Credential
The California Board of Behavioral Sciences has approved Santa Clara University's programs for both MFT and LPCC training.