It is important to activate your SCU affiliated Zoom account to enjoy the Pro license benefit, including: unlimited meeting time, up to 300 participants in a meeting, and streaming to 3rd party services like Youtube and Panopto. You will only need to follow the instructions below one time to activate your account.
NOTE: Users have reported issues activating their account using Google Chrome. If you encounter an "unable to sign up with your email address" error, use a different browser to create your account. Once your account is successfully activated, you can use Chrome to access the Zoom tile.
- Log on to SCU Portal https://www.scu.edu/apps/login/ and enter your SCU credential.
- Once logged in, click the Zoom tile to activate your SCU affiliated Zoom account.
This will generate a Zoom account under your SCU email address.
- You now have a SCU Zoom account. If you see an error, please confirm you are logged out of all Zoom accounts and try again. If you still cannot create your account, use a different browser.
You do not need to perform this step if your computer is issued and imaged by the IT department.
The screen shots may vary depending on the web browser being used and whether or not you are logged into your Santa Clara University Gmail account.
- Go to scu.zoom.us/download
- Download the top suggestion, as it is auto-selected for your operating system
Open the install package and follow the on-screen instructions
Once the app is downloaded, click the "Sign In" buttonChoose "Sign In with Google" then log in with your SCU credentials and click "Open Zoom"
A webpage will pop up and prompt you to enter or select your SCU credential.
You will see either the university seal, a letter, or your personalized photo on the top right corner when you are logged in to the SCU Zoom account
- When prompted, confirm and click Open Zoom Meetings
To ensure you are logged in correctly, follow these steps:
- Click on your picture in the upper righthand corner of the Zoom application (or webpage).
- To the right of your name, it will say “licensed”
For training on advanced features and troubleshooting, please contact Media Services.