Getting your SCU Zoom License
It is important to activate your SCU affiliated Zoom account to enjoy the Pro license benifit, including: unlimited meeting time, upto 300 participants in a meeting, and streaming to 3rd party service like Youtube and Panopto. You will only need to follow the instruction below one time to activate your account.
- Log on to SCU Portal https://www.scu.edu/apps/login/ and enter your SCU credential.
- Once logged in, click the Zoom tile to activate your SCU affiliated Zoom account.
- You now have a SCU Zoom account.
You only have to follow these instructions once per computer. After you've installed the Zoom software (as shown below), you can run the Zoom application from your Windows "Start" menu or Mac OS X "Applications" folder.
Download and Install Zoom Desktop Client
The screen shots may vary depending on the web browser being used and whether or not you are logged into your Santa Clara University GMail account.
- Go to scu.zoom.us/download
Download the top Suggestion, it is auto-selected for your operating system
Open the install package and follow the on-screen instructions
Once the app is downloaded, click the "Sign In" buttonChoose "Sign In with Google" then log in with your SCU credentials and click "Open Zoom"
A webpage will pop up and prompt you to enter your SCU credential.
You will see either the unitersity seal or your personalized photo on the top right corner when you are logged in to the SCU Zoom account
To ensure you are logged in correctly, follow these steps:
- Click on your picture in the upper righthand corner of the Zoom application (or webpage).
- To the right of your name, it will say “licensed”