The SCU Career Center invites students, staff and faculty to join us at our 6th Annual Diversity Works Expo!
What is DWE?
- DWE celebrates students from all backgrounds, while simultaneously connecting students with employers who champion inclusivity in the workplace.
- This event is a chance for students to discuss and showcase their identities. It is a chance to share, learn from, and network with other professionals that support and have lived experiences navigating similar issues.
- This year’s theme is Bringing Your Whole Self to Work. Together, we will investigate the intersection of identity, inclusion and career.
When and where is it?
- Wednesday, February 22, 2023 from 4 - 6pm
- In-person at Locatelli Student Activity Center on the SCU Campus
What will the event include?
- Student awards
- Employer panel
- Facilitated breakout discussions
- Reverse Career Fair
What is a reverse career fair?
We’ve all heard about regular career fairs, where you go to meet the recruiting coordinators from different companies, but have you heard of a reverse career fair? Instead of students wandering around waiting to talk to a recruiter, it’s switched. The employers go from student organization to student organization, who showcase their skills. If your student organization is interested in being represented at the Reverse Career Fair, please reach out to Amanuel Bizuneh, email@example.com.
Who should come?
DWE is a celebration of identity and personal stories as they relate to career. As such, DWE is for all SCU students, staff and faculty. We welcome the diverse array of identities we all bring to the future of work, including but not limited to people of color, LGBTQIA+, veteran, non-traditional age students, people with disabilities both visible and nonvisible, allies, and more!
What will I get out of this?
- A safe and brave space to talk about diversity, inclusion and equity issues in the workplace
- Authentic engagement with companies and employers who practice DEI and a commitment to social identity awareness
- Support with identifying your values, needs and considerations that can support your career discernment
- Free food!