Bachana Lomsadze received his Bachelor’s degree in physics from Tbilisi State University (Georgia) in 2007 and a Ph.D. in Physics from Kansas State University (KSU) in 2012. At KSU he worked in the James R. Macdonald - atomic, molecular and optical physics laboratory and studied coherent control of cold and trapped atomic and molecular systems. After graduation, he was a joint post-doctoral researcher at JILA and the University of Colorado and then a research fellow at the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor). He is a co-inventor of a novel optical method “frequency comb-based multidimensional coherent spectroscopy” that enables the measurement of materials’ optical properties and many-body interactions rapidly and with unprecedented high resolution. His work at Santa Clara University focuses on using the Nobel-Prize-Winning technology of optical frequency combs to study light-matter interactions and ultrafast dynamics in atomic/molecular systems (cold and Doppler broadened) and semiconductor nanostructures.
- B. Lomsadze, K.M. Fradet, and R.S. Arnold. “Elastic tape behavior of a bi-directional Kerr-lens mode-locked dual-comb ring laser.” Optics Letters 45, 1080-1083 (2020).
- B. Lomsadze and S.T. Cundiff. “Tri-comb multidimensional coherent spectroscopy”, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters 31, 1041-1135 (2019). (Invited paper) DOI.
- B. Lomsadze and S.T.Cundiff. “Frequency-Comb Based Double-Quantum Two-Dimensional Spectrum Identifies Collective Hyperfine Resonances in Atomic Vapor Induced by Dipole-Dipole Interactions”. Physical Review Letters 120 (23), 233401, 2018
- B. Smith, B.Lomsadze and S.T.Cundiff. “Optimum repetition rates for dual-comb spectroscopy”. Optics Express 26 (9), 12049-12056, 2018.
- B. Lomsadze and S.T.Cundiff. “Frequency combs enable rapid and high-resolution multidimensional coherent spectroscopy” Science 357 (6358), 1389-1391, 2017.
- B. Lomsadze and S.T.Cundiff. “Multi-heterodyne two-dimensional coherent spectroscopy using frequency combs”. Scientific Reports 7 (1), 14018, 2017.
- B. Lomsadze and S.T.Cundiff, “Frequency comb-based four-wave-mixing spectroscopy”. Optics Letters 42 (12), 2346-2349,2017. (Editor’s choice)
- B. Lomsadze and S.T.Cundiff, “Frequency comb-based multi-dimensional coherent spectroscopy”. Optics and Photonics News special issue “OPTICS IN 2017”.
- B. Lomsadze, C.W.Fehrenbach, B.D.DePaola. “Measurement of ionization in direct frequency comb spectroscopy”. Journal of Applied Physics 113 (10), 103105, 2013.
- B. Lomsadze, C.W.Fehrenbach, B.D.DePaola. “Calculation of ionization in direct frequency comb spectroscopy” Physics Review A 86 (4), 043403, 2012.
- H. Jang, B.Lomsadze, ML. Trachy, G.Veshapidze, CW.Fehrenbach and B.D.DePaola. “Interaction of a finite train of short pulses with an atomic ladder system”. Physical Review A 82 (4), 043424, 2010.
- B.Lomsadze and S.T.Cundiff. “Frequency Comb-Based Multidimensional Coherent Spectroscopy”. In Cho M. (eds) Coherent Multidimensional Spectroscopy. Springer Nature, 2019.
- B. Lomsadze. “Saturated absorption spectroscopy for diode laser locking”. Encyclopedia of Modern Optics II. Volume 2, 227-232, 2018.
- S.T. Cundiff and B. Lomsadze. “Multidimensional coherent spectroscopy using frequency combs.” Patent N 10533836, 2020.
|Daly Science Science, 314|