Our best chance for a robust and successful reopening of campus is for us all to take seriously the need for hard sacrifices to protect our own health and that of our fellow Broncos.
All members of our community play a role in creating a safer campus for fellow students, faculty, and staff—whether by being remote or following the health and safety protocols when on-campus. The actions described below in the Bronco COVID-19 Pact are mandatory and monitored, with violators subject to sanctions.
As a Bronco, I pledge to follow the state, county, and University guidelines by:
- Wearing face coverings when required. Unvaccinated personnel must wear face coverings indoors. (7-1-21)
- Staying at home if I am sick or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
- Participate in SCU’s COVID-19 weekly Testing program if I am unvaccinated
- Getting tested when I come into contact with someone who tests positive or if I am experiencing symptoms
- Following isolation protocols if I come into contact with someone who tested positive or when feeling ill
- Participating in SCU’s COVID-19 contact tracing program
- Washing or sanitizing hands frequently throughout the day
- Practicing good cough and sneeze hygiene
- Regularly disinfecting shared/common areas and items
- Establishing a plan for where I will isolate if I test positive
- Engaging in a conversation with my housemates or roommates about behavioral expectations, such as social behavior and living arrangement cleanliness
Complying with our collective commitment to safety efforts during this pandemic will clear a path to reopening campus. Likewise, failing to comply is a serious violation of the Student Conduct Code. The Student Conduct Code and disciplinary action applies to all students whether on or off campus. Students who are cited for failing to abide by campus, county, or state health and safety protocols are subject to the full range of disciplinary actions. Please note that SCU reserves the right to maintain more restrictive provisions than Santa Clara County.