Last Updated: September 22, 2021
SCU has developed COVID-19 fall event protocols which include restrictions on the size of indoor events with non-SCU (students, faculty, staff) attendees. Please refer to these restrictions in the Fall Events Matrix (below). Large events should be held outdoors whenever possible.
The following verbiage can be shared by event planners with attendees of on-campus events prior to the event.
In response to evolving changes brought about by the COVID-19 Delta variant, our Santa Clara University event policies have been recently updated. As we prepare to greet you, we share a few important reminders.
- For the safety of all guests and staff, and in order to comply with Santa Clara County public health guidelines, indoor events will require masks for all attendees, both vaccinated and unvaccinated. Masks are also recommended for outdoor events with 100 attendees or more. Masks should be worn at all times when individuals are not actively consuming food or beverage. Unvaccinated individuals must maintain a 6-foot physical distance from others while consuming food or beverage. Anyone refusing to comply with mask requirements is subject to removal from the event.
- Do not attend an event if you are sick or unwell. Please note we encourage all outside guests or visitors to the University to be fully vaccinated. All current students, faculty and staff must be in compliance with the vaccination mandate announced by the University. See the Prepared SCU website for additional information and details.
- For events that require proof of vaccination, the following will serve as proof of vaccination status:
- Vaccine card or a photo of your vaccine card
- Digital COVID-19 vaccine record using the My Vaccine Record app.
- Vaccination documentation should clearly indicate:
- Full Name
- Vaccine name/manufacturer/Lot #
- Date of vaccination(s)
- Doctor's signature, stamp, official letterhead (if applicable)
- Finally, if you attend this event and test positive for COVID-19 within 48 hours of attending, please report this to the University by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Students, staff, and faculty who receive a positive test result from an off-campus facility should complete this short form to notify the SCU COVID Support Team.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We are doing our best to keep our campus community safe and healthy as we celebrate being on campus at long last. For additional information, please visit Prepared SCU. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact [EVENT organizer department] at [email and/or of event planner or event contact].
Additional description, if applicable (tailor as needed): While non-alcoholic beverages will be available at the event, we plan to provide small packaged food options to take with you as you leave the event.