Program Mission Example 1
The mission of the department of ___________is to provide students with educational experiences and environment that promote the mastery of discipline knowledge and methods, the ability to succeed in discipline-related graduate programs and careers, and the skills and dispositions needed for citizenship in our diverse culture and the world.
Articulating your Program Mission
Definition of a Program Mission
Program Mission Example 2
Program Mission of Environmental Studies & Sciences Department at SCU
Articulating your Program Goals
Definition of Program Goals
Program Goals Example 1
Sample Program Goals
- Understand and can apply fundamental concepts of the discipline.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Conduct sound research.
- Address issues critically and reflectively.
- Create solutions to problems.
- Work well with others.
- Respect persons from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Commitment to open-minded inquiry and lifelong learning.
Program Goals Example 2
Program Goals for Classics Department at SCU (includes Scholarship and Service Goals as well as Student Learning Goals)
- To provide major and minor programs, as well as core classes, that cultivate reflective thought among students in the best tradition of a liberal education
- To foster campus-wide exposure to and study of the classical worlds and Western culture
- To promote an active community of scholars within the program and beyond
- To be contributing citizens within the university and the wider community