You used to know us as The Office of Assessment.
We have a new name, but our mission has not changed.
Educational Assessment provides leadership in the coordination of university-wide efforts to support and improve student learning through ongoing, purposeful, meaningful, equitable, and sustainable assessment and program review.
Here's what we do:
- Promote a culture of engaged inquiry and evidence-based decision making around student learning in academic and co-curricular programs.
- Work collaboratively with programs in all stages of the assessment process, from drafting learning outcomes to selection of assessment approaches to use of the data for program improvement.
- Coordinate the collection, analysis, sharing, and use of assessment data campus-wide.
- Promote the use of assessment tools and results to assure equity in access to educational experiences and outcomes for all students.
- Offer professional development opportunities for faculty, staff, and students.
- Communicate evidence of student learning and development internally and externally to tell the stories of student learning at SCU.
"Assessing student learning is an integral part of teaching. It's not easy. It takes time. But it is essential . . . Assessing student learning is important because learning is the point of higher education."