At a Glance
The role of Risk Management is to reduce the cost and mitigate the risks associated with the operations of the University arising from accidental loss, and the financing of such losses. Losses may arise from fire and water damage, liability claims and litigation, employment-related injuries, theft, and other causes.
Santa Clara University's Department of Risk Management & Compliance provides risk management and insurance services for the University by:
- Providing administrative support and guidance to the Campus Community
- Safeguarding the University’s assets
- Ensuring the preservation of our academic programs
Our Responsibilities include:
- Administer the University’s Property, Liability, and other insurance policies and programs.
- Investigate and handle self-insured claims in an expeditious manner. Support filing and processing of insured claims with insurance carriers. Coordinate with third-party administrators of claims programs as applicable.
- Perform risk assessments and analysis in cooperation with other departments or programs.
- Establish levels of self-insurance and administer all self-insurance programs.
- Collaborate with University administrators to develop policies and procedures to prevent or minimize losses.
- Review contracts and agreements to ensure that the University bears only its proportionate share of any liability or claims that may arise from the agreement, and to ensure that appropriate insurance and other protective clauses are in the agreement.
- Provide training, written procedures and guidelines to the University within the scope of the risk management and insurance programs.
Marguerete Moses, Administrative Assistant
Marguerete Moses is the Administrative Assistant for Risk Management & Compliance, the University Controller's Office, the University Finance Office, the University Budget Office, and Accounts Payable