Events Coverage / TULIP
Tenants' and Users' Liability Insurance
What Is TULIP?
TULIP is a Tenants' and Users' Liability Insurance Policy, also known as "Events Coverage." It is used by institutions who permit "third parties" to use their facilities for specific events. It is not intended for institutions to shift any of their specific operational risks away from their own general liability policies. Rather, it protects both the "facility user" (e.g., event host or visiting organization) and the institution against claims by third parties who may be injured or lose property as a result of participating in an event.
Events may range from very low-risk events such as classroom seminars, receptions, or weddings to higher-risk events including festivals and fairs, sports events, or rock concerts. Costs for the facility users are based on the risk of the activity, the number of days of the activity, the number of participants, and if there are any special requirements, including alcohol liability, participant coverage, and so forth.
TENANTS' AND USERS' LIABILITY INSURANCE
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESSING
DO NOT USE THE “BACK” BUTTON ON YOUR BROWSER, USE THE “GO BACK” BUTTON PROVIDED
ONLINE ASSISTANCE CAN BE PROVIDED BY CONTACTING 1-800-507-8414
Go into the internet and access the following website: https://www.onebeaconentertainment.com. On the right side, click TULIP Purchase or Quote.
Step 1: Select your Facility
- Enter the Venue ID code provided to you
- If you do not know the Venue ID, Search “Santa Clara University”
Step 2: Qualify Your Event or Activity
- Select your event or activity from the list of eligible events or activities
- A drop down menu is available for assistance
- If you cannot locate your event, click on the link to list the ineligible events and activities. If your event is listed on the ineligible list, it does not qualify for this program.
- Answer the “Yes” or “No” questions that follow
- Click “Next” when done
Step 3: Get your quote
- Click on the calendar and choose the date(s) of your event. If your event will extend past midnight, be sure to add one additional day since coverage ends at 12:01am.
- Name of your Event – Give your event a name (Example – Jack & Jill’s Wedding)
- Event Length – The number of days will pre-fill based on the information selected on the calendar above
- Average Daily Attendance – Enter the number of attendees (per day) for the event
- Do you require liquor liability?
- Click “Yes” only if you will be “selling” liquor
- Click “No” if you will only be “serving” liquor
- Enter contact name and mailing address of the person in charge of the event
- If the contact information is the same as the insured information above, check the box provided to pre-fill this information
- You will need to enter a contact phone number and email address
- Click on “Continue to Next Step” when done
A preview of all the information previously entered will be shown. Please review for accuracy. If changes are needed, click the “Make Changes” button on the bottom of the screen. If no changes are needed, you must check the box that you agree all information is correct and then click “Continue”
Once the “Continue” button has been selected, a Summary of Coverage and Premium Information will be available. Select the “Purchase These Coverages” button on the bottom of the screen
- You will be prompted to enter your credit card information for processing. Select the “Continue” button when done.
Review Billing Information
- The system will ask you to review all information for accuracy. If corrections are needed, select the “Make Changes” button and make any necessary changes needed. If correct, select the “Submit” button on the bottom of the screen.
- Once the above has been completed, a Certificate Binder will be provided