External Users of a Santa Clara University facility for a non-Santa Clara University sponsored event (i.e. Firefighter 5K, World Wide Women’s Day, Speech and Debate Tournament, Piano recitals, weddings etc.) must rent the space on campus through a Facilities Use Agreement, issued through the appropriate department.
That agreement requires that the user must be insured for liability and must give evidence of such insurance coverage (an insurance certificate) to the event location office and to the Office of Risk Management. Users not having their own insurance are welcome to use the TULIP program (see below) as an option for purchasing the general liability insurance that SCU requires.
Anyone renting a Santa Clara University facility for a non-SCU sponsored event must submit a certificate of insurance with the following coverage and minimum limits to the office/department booking the event and space and to Risk Management and Compliance.
Commercial General Liability – Bodily Injury and Property Damage
$1,000,000 General Aggregate Limit
$1,000,000 Combined Single Limit per occurrence
$1,000,000 Products/Completed Operations aggregate
$1,000,000 Personal & Advertising Injury per occurrence
$50,000 Any One Fire
$5,000 Accident Medical Coverage
$1,000,000 Liquor Liability Aggregate Limit
$100,000 Abuse or Molestation coverage
Santa Clara University must be shown as Additional Insured on all liability policies.
A description of the event and the anticipated dates and location on campus must be shown on the certificate of insurance.
Event and Vendor Management
- Events organized by an internal SCU department should be approved by Campus Safety, Risk Management, Facilities and Operations, Environment, Health and Safety and Event Planning.
- Written contracts or agreements must be used when hiring a vendor, contractor or performer for events or when renting/leasing equipment for an event. All contracts must be reviewed by the office of the General Counsel prior to signing.
- Contracts may only be signed by University Administration. Students and other faculty or staff are not authorized to sign contracts on behalf of Santa Clara University.
- Think ahead. Allow sufficient time for evaluation of your event and contract review and finalization.
Tenant User Liability Insurance Policy
TULIP stands for Tenant User Liability Insurance Policy. It provides insurance to third parties who are using university facilities. It is event specific and can cover vendors, performers, and exhibitors, as needed.
The TULIP program offers a cost-effective, easy way for campus facility users to get the insurance they need. The transaction is concluded with payment by credit card by the facility user. Upon completion of the transaction, copies of the certificate of insurance coverage are emailed to the facility user and the risk management office.
The program can cover any number of events and users. Class I events are low risk and include weddings, receptions, classical music recitals or dance shows, art shows, meetings and socials. Class II events are slightly higher risk and include some political rallies, several outdoor events, soapbox derbies and meetings. Class III events are the highest risk category that can be automatically covered without insurance company review and include some sporting events, small parades, and theatrical stage performances.
Additional information on the TULIP program can be found here.
How Do I Buy TULIP Coverage?
TENANTS' AND USERS' LIABILITY INSURANCE
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESSING
DO NOT USE THE “BACK” BUTTON ON YOUR BROWSER, USE THE “GO BACK” BUTTON PROVIDED
ONLINE ASSISTANCE CAN BE PROVIDED BY CONTACTING 1-800-507-8414
Go into the internet and access the following website: https://www.onebeaconentertainment.com. On the right side, click TULIP Purchase or Quote.
Step 1: Select your Facility
- Enter the Venue ID code provided to you
- If you do not know the Venue ID, Search “Santa Clara University”
Step 2: Qualify Your Event or Activity
- Select your event or activity from the list of eligible events or activities
- A drop down menu is available for assistance
- If you cannot locate your event, click on the link to list the ineligible events and activities. If your event is listed on the ineligible list, it does not qualify for this program.
- Answer the “Yes” or “No” questions that follow
- Click “Next” when done
Step 3: Get your quote
- Click on the calendar and choose the date(s) of your event. If your event will extend past midnight, be sure to add one additional day since coverage ends at 12:01am.
- Name of your Event – Give your event a name (Example – Jack & Jill’s Wedding)
- Event Length – The number of days will pre-fill based on the information selected on the calendar above
- Average Daily Attendance – Enter the number of attendees (per day) for the event
- Do you require liquor liability?
- Click “Yes” only if you will be “selling” liquor
- Click “No” if you will only be “serving” liquor
- Enter contact name and mailing address of the person in charge of the event
- If the contact information is the same as the insured information above, check the box provided to pre-fill this information
- You will need to enter a contact phone number and email address
- Click on “Continue to Next Step” when done
A preview of all the information previously entered will be shown. Please review for accuracy. If changes are needed, click the “Make Changes” button on the bottom of the screen. If no changes are needed, you must check the box that you agree all information is correct and then click “Continue”
Once the “Continue” button has been selected, a Summary of Coverage and Premium Information will be available. Select the “Purchase These Coverages” button on the bottom of the screen
- You will be prompted to enter your credit card information for processing. Select the “Continue” button when done.
Review Billing Information
- The system will ask you to review all information for accuracy. If corrections are needed, select the “Make Changes” button and make any necessary changes needed. If correct, select the “Submit” button on the bottom of the screen.
- Once the above has been completed, a Certificate Binder will be provided