Skip to main content

Transfer Students

Students transfer to Santa Clara from many other schools around the country (and the world), for a wide range of reasons. If you think SCU could be the right place for you, we encourage you to apply.

All our decisions to admit transfer applicants are based on how much space is available in our academic programs, and on the overall competitiveness of our applicant pool.

It is important that all applicants indicate major of interest in the admission application.

Fall transfer admission at Santa Clara University is a rolling process. It's important to note that since enrollments for restricted majors are capped, we will not admit additional applicants once sufficient deposits for those majors have been received. While our official application deadline is April 15th, it is always in your best interest to submit all documents required to complete your application as soon as possible.

Before Applying

You must have a high school diploma or equivalent, and have completed or be enrolled in a minimum of 8 semester units or 12 quarter units of transferable credit. Please also review our recommendations on completed courses and GPA levels before submitting your application.

Selecting a School

When applying, start by selecting one of our academic schools/colleges: the College of Arts and Sciences (Economics is closed), the Leavey School of Business, or the School of Engineering (Computer Engineering is closed). Once you’ve chosen a school, you can declare a major or remain undeclared.

The Application

SCU uses the Common Application for transfer applicants. In addition to the Application itself, we require the following materials:

  • Before submitting your application, please visit the "Qualifying for Admission" page to see if your intended major is available. 
  • Official transcript(s) from all colleges and universities you have attended
  • Official copy of your final high school transcripts showing date of graduation (9th-12th grade)
  • One college instructor evaluation
  • SAT or ACT score(s) if you have fewer than 30 semester or 45 quarter units completed at time of application
  • Mid-Term Report (highly recommended)
  • $60 non-refundable application fee or a school waiver: A brief written and signed request from your school representative describing your temporary or long-term hardship that is making it difficult for you to pay the $60 application fee. Please mail your school waiver to the Undergraduate Admission Office or fax it to 408-554-5255.

Note: We do not require the Secondary School Report or the College Report.

We prefer that all documentation be sent online via the Common Application portal. If for some reason you must mail supplemental information, see Contact Us for our mailing address.