WE RECOMMEND THESE FIRST STEPS
- Claim your Handshake account to complete your profile, select career interest areas, and view upcoming events and internship opportunities.
- Create a college resume using our Job Prep Toolkit. If you need assistance come meet with a Graduate Student Career Coach for a 20 minute appointment.
- Bookmark the Career Center Events page and like us on Facebook to stay up to date on upcoming professional and personal development labs, fairs, networking events, industry treks and employer info sessions.
- Speak with a Peer Career Advisor to learn about Career Center services and to consider ways you can start engaging in your first year.
Download our printable First-Year Guide PDF and start building your plan!
NEXT, SELECT A FEW OF THE FOLLOWING BASED ON YOUR OWN JOURNEY AND INTERESTS...
What makes you unique? Explore your interests, strengths, and values
Discover the possibilities
- Get involved in student organizations on campus and engage in your community through leadership or volunteering.
- Attend networking or industry events to make connections in the areas that interest you. See events in Handshake.
Prepare for your search and gain experience
- Explore on-campus fellowships, leadership, internship and jobs and opportunities that provide great ways to build experience related to your academic and career interests.
- Participate in a micro-internship and build skills and experience through paid short-term projects with companies locally and nationally. To search and apply, click here.
- Attend the First-Year & Sophomore Job & Internship Fair and any of our other annual career fairs to explore opportunities at companies that recruit at SCU.
- Launch your job or internship search in Handshake. Use filters like “Job Function” and “Industry” to narrow down your search.
- Looking for an opportunity outside of the Bay Area? Request Reciprocity on our website.
- Meet with a Career Development Specialist for a 30 minute appointment to further explore your interests and options.