WE RECOMMEND THESE STEPS
- Update your resume in preparation for your search by incorporating summer, select activities, achievements and class projects using our Job Prep Toolkit. To further customize your document, come meet with a Graduate Student Career Coach for a 20 minute appointment. Schedule in Handshake.
- Monitor and engage in on-campus recruiting activities through Handshake, such as employer information sessions, companies conducting interviews on campus, industry treks, career fairs, and more.
- Update your LinkedIn profile with new experiences and research SCU alumni career paths and companies of interest.
- Speak with a Peer Career Advisor to learn about Career Center services and to consider ways you can engage throughout your senior year.
Download our printable Senior Guide PDF and start building your plan!
NEXT, SELECT A FEW OF THE FOLLOWING BASED ON YOUR OWN JOURNEY AND INTERESTS...
Explore & build experience
- Gain clarity about your personality, career interests, and strengths by taking an assessment and exploring your results.
- Connect with people and SCU alumni doing work that interests you and conduct informational interviews. The Networking & LinkedIn section of our online Job Prep Toolkit can help!
- Sign-up for an off-campus SCU Career Trek to meet with alumni and recruiters out in industry.
- Participate in a micro-internship and build skills and experience through paid short-term projects with companies locally and nationally. To search and apply, click here.
Prepare your search strategy
- Attend one of our professional skill building labs to incorporate strategies into your current resume. See events calendar.
- Develop interviewing skills through SCU’s mock interview platform - Big Interview.
- Meet with a Career Development Specialist for a 30 minute appointment to further develop your search and next steps action plan. Schedule in Handshake.
- Apply to job and internship postings on Handshake and other sites. Use filters like “Job Function” and “Industry” to narrow down your search.
- Apply to graduate schools or year of service programs.
- Participate in company information sessions and on-campus interviews.
- Attend one of our many annual career fairs like the Fall or Winter Career Fair, and apply for full-time and service opportunities at organizations that recruit at SCU.