WE RECOMMEND THESE STEPS
- Update your resume, incorporating summer, select activities, achievements, and class projects using our Job Prep Toolkit. To further customize your document, come meet with a Graduate Student Career Coach for a 20 minute appointment Schedule in Handshake.
- Monitor and engage in internship recruiting activities through Handshake, such as employer information sessions, companies conducting interviews on campus, industry treks, career fairs, and more.
- Update your LinkedIn profile with new experiences and research SCU alumni career paths and companies of interest.
- Speak with a Peer Career Advisor to learn about Career Center services and to consider ways you can engage in your junior year.
Download our printable Junior Guide PDF and start building your plan!
NEXT, SELECT A FEW OF THE FOLLOWING BASED ON YOUR OWN JOURNEY AND INTERESTS...
Explore & build experience
- Gain clarity about your personality, career interests, and strengths by taking an assessment and exploring your results.
- Sign-up for an off-campus SCU Career Trek to meet with alumni and recruiters out in industry.
- Apply for select opportunities related to your career and academic interests including fellowships, leadership, internships, and jobs.
- Connect with people and SCU alumni doing work that interests you and conduct informational interviews. The Networking & LinkedIn section of our online Job Prep Toolkit can help!
- Participate in a micro-internship and build skills and experience through paid short-term projects with companies locally and nationally. To search and apply, click here.
Prepare your search strategy
- Attend one of our professional skill building labs to incorporate strategies into your current resume. See events calendar.
- Develop interviewing skills through SCU’s 24/7 mock interview platform - Big Interview.
- Research graduate school or long-term service programs.
- Meet with a Career Development Specialist for a 30 minute appointment to further develop your internship search strategy. Schedule through Handshake.
- Launch an internship search in Handshake and other sites. Use filters like “Job Function” and “Industry” to narrow down your search.
- Attend one or more career fairs and expos to connect with internship opportunities at organizations that recruit at SCU.
- Looking for an opportunity outside of the Bay Area? Request Reciprocity on our website to get access to other schools’ career resources closer to home.