External web site links have been provided for your convenience and information. Clicking on a link will open a new browser. Santa Clara University and the Women’s and Gender Studies Program are not responsible, and do not accept any liability, for the information contained on those web sites. The provision of a link does not constitute an endorsement or approval of that web site or any products or services on that web site. External sites may contain information that is copyrighted with restrictions on reuse. Permission to use copyrighted materials must be obtained from the original source.
WGST Graduate School Resources
- Women's Studies Programs, Departments, & Research Centers
- NWSA Advice to Graduate Applicants - PDF of advice to graduate applicants from Women’s Studies graduate directors and department chairs
- Graduate School Information & Resources - List of various graduate schools and programs in the United States and internationally.
- Women’s Studies Programs - List of schools offering Women’s Studies programs (not specifically grad schools)
- Ph.D. Programs (Ms. Magazine) - List of Women’s Studies Ph.D. programs in the U.S.
- Master’s Programs (Ms. Magazine) - List of Women’s Studies Master’s programs in the U.S.
- UC Santa Cruz - Feminist Studies - Ph.D. program (in Social Justice, Sexuality Studies, Postcolonial Theory, Transnational Feminism, Science & Technology Studies, Critical Race Theory) with a designated emphasis in Feminist Studies
- Claremont College- Applied Women's Studies MA - 3 semester Master’s program with an hands-on experience and an internship component.
- San Diego State University MA Program - Master’s program in Women’s Studies that provides students with an opportunity to pursue advanced interdisciplinary work.
- UC Berkeley - Dept. of Gender and Women’s Studies Designated Emphasis in Women, Gender, and Sexuality (must be accepted into an existing Ph.D. program at UC Berkeley)
- UC Santa Barbara - Feminist Studies - Independent M.A. and Ph.D. programs, and doctoral emphasis offered in Feminist Studies.
- UCLA - Gender Studies - (Highly competitive) Ph.D. program and a Graduate Concentration in Gender Studies for UCLA graduate students in other departments.
- UC Davis - Gender, Sexuality and Women’s Studies - GSW Studies does not offer MA or PhD programs, but offers designated emphasis in Feminist Theory and Research with other graduate programs, such as Anthropology, Comparative Literature, Cultural Studies, Education, English, Psychology, Sociology, and more.
- University of Southern California- Gender Studies - Concentration in gender studies for USC students in graduate or professional programs.
Top Women’s/Gender/Sexuality Grad Schools (according to U.S. News):
- UC Santa Barbara
- UC Berkeley
- University of Wisconsin- Madison - M.A. program in Gender and Women’s Studies
- Stanford University - Ph.D. Minor degree in Feminist, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
- University of Michigan- Ann Arbor - Offers joint doctoral degrees with disciplinary departments (English & Women’s Studies, History & Women’s Studies, Psychology & Women’s Studies, and Sociology & Women’s Studies)
- New York University - MA degree in the History of Women and Gender
- University of Maryland- College Park - Ph.D. program with 5 areas of studies
- University of Massachusetts- Amherst - Women, Gender, Sexuality Studies Graduate Certificate in Advanced Feminist Studies