Facilities provides basic equipment and services for events. View the resource PDF below for full details about what Facilities offers and what the protocol is to request services for your event.
Resource: Event Services Policy by Facilities (PDF)
Tables, Chairs & Staging
Tables, chairs, and staging can be provided for both indoor and outdoor events. Be aware that your student organization may need to pay a fee for any delivery and set-up for weekend events.
If your event will require the use of electricity beyond a few outlets or if your event is in an area of campus where there are no accessible outlets, then you will need the campus electrician to evaluate your electrical needs and provide any additional electrical support so that you have sufficient electricity.
For events that will produce significant waste such as food, you will need to order additional bins for trash, recycling, and compost. The number of additional bins depends on how large your event space is, how many people will be attending your event, and how much food you will be serving.
In addition to waste bins, Custodial services are available to clean event spaces if requested or as needed. Keep in mind that sometimes Custodial services will be required and your student organization will be charged a $112 fee per event.
Each of the circumstances listed below will result in a $100 fine charged to your student organization's fund account:
- If additional cleanup is required (e.g. locating missing equipment, bussing tables).
- If equipment is delivered and event was cancelled, and either no notice or less than 24 hours’ notice was provided to Facilities.
- If you have requested additional furniture less than 24 hours prior to your event.
- If you have requested to be on site to assist/advise during the set-up and you are more than 5 minutes late.
- If your request includes delivery of equipment but when we arrive there is already equipment in place (equipment normally used for that space).
- If you use equipment that has been set up or set aside for use by others without first coordinating such use with Ed Merryman and/or Facilities Customer Service.
In addition, replacement costs for all missing or damaged equipment will be charged to your student organization's fund account.
Note: Event and equipment requests are approved on a "first come, first serve" basis. Approval of requests are dependent upon availability of equipment and/or staff regardless of the number of days the request is received prior to the event.