We are currently accepting applications for our Docent program.
We will be conducting a 13-week docent training program in Fall 2018, which will take place in the museum on consecutive Wednesdays from 9 a.m. - 12 noon beginning September 19, 2018 through December 19, 2018 (there will be no training during Thanksgiving week)
- Have a love of California History and a desire to share your passion
- $50 Docent Training Fee with the purchase of two books
- Desire to work with all age groups, particularly 4th grade students
- Commitment to giving 3-4 tours each academic quarter (approximately 9-12 tours annually)
- Willingness to stay involved with the program for at least two years
- Possess the ability to stand for the duration of the tour (1.5 hrs.) and walk tour routes that include stairs or grades
- Ability to use a computer with email and Internet connection
- Willingness to support the museum through annual membership
Fillable PDF: Docent Training 2018 Application PDF
If you are interested in learning more about this program and the application process, please email Senior Administrative Assistant Megan Watt at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are currently no professional staff positions open at the de Saisset Museum.
Santa Clara University students interested in working at the museum should check the on-campus student jobs postings for current opportunities.