Unity 4 Information
UNITY 4 Background/Historical Information
In May 2015, a racially charged Yik Yak post created a spark that revealed an underlying sense of frustration and discontent on campus. The outcry led to a broader campus wide forum to discuss the situation and campus climate concerns. After the forum, SCU students formed Unity 4 and began to draft a series of tactics. In the end, the group developed a list of 21 tactics falling into the areas of academics, student and residence life, transparency, and recruitment & orientation.
The name Unity 4 name was derived from prior campus movements focused on diversity related concerns. The first Unity effort started in 1985, and was followed by Unity 2 in 1991, Unity 3 in 1999 and now Unity 4 in 2015.
Information about the previous Unity movements can be found HERE and is provided by the student-run Multicultural Center.
The following includes links to important documents relating to Unity 4:
- Unity 4 Document (May 2015)
- Administration Response to Unity 4 (June 2015)
- October 2015 Unity 4 Update (October 2015)
- Unity 4 Campus Forum (November 2015)
- Unity 4 December Update (December 2015)
- Unity 4 April 2016 Update (April 2016)
- Unity 4 Fall 2016 Update (January 2017)
- Unity 4 Summer/early Fall 2017 (October 2017)
The Spring 2018 Forum will be held on Tuesday, May 8th from 6:30pm - 8:00pm at the Graham Hall Commons
The Fall 2017 Forum was held on November 14, 2017 and the Winter 2018 Forum was held on February 26, 2018.