2019 Summer Faculty Workshops
Faculty: sign-up NOW for the summer workshops!
Academic Technology works with faculty to support their use of technology to enhance teaching and learning. Instructional Technology, Graphics, and Media Systems staff partner with faculty to design, develop, integrate, and implement:
- multimedia course materials and student assignments (e.g., podcasts, digital video, and digital storytelling)
- web technologies (e.g., wikis and blogs)
- teaching and assessment materials
- Camino learning management system
- tools for teaching (e.g., clicker technology, lecture capture, immersive technologies)
- image acquisition and editing
- digital classrooms
- online/blended/hybrid courses
- emerging technologies
Incorporating instructional technology into the curriculum provides enormous opportunities for actively connecting with today's students. Many SCU faculty members are successfully engaging students by using multimedia assignments that give them opportunities to express their understanding through digital work. Using accessible tools allows students to interact with course content in new ways, often promoting collaborative learning and broadening the audience for students’ ideas. Using technology to develop differentiated instruction helps faculty target the individual needs of their students.
Please contact us at CaminoSupport@scu.edu or 408-551-3572.