Technology Policies, Procedures, and Standards
Use of Santa Clara University’s information resources must be consistent with Santa Clara University’s educational goals, as well as comply with local, state and federal laws, and University policies.
- Operational Policies are a set of guidelines, rules, regulations, laws, principles, or directions for the operation of provisioned services. It states what is to be done, who is to do it, how it is to be done and for (or to) whom it is to be done.
- Aceptable Use Policies are a set of rules applied by the owner, creator or administrator of a network, website, or service, that restrict the ways in which the network, website or service may be used and sets guidelines as to how it should be used.
- Terms Of Service are the rules and regulations that a user must agree to before they can use the applicable service.
- Standards define minimum requirements for addressing specific issues or risks in order to comply with the policy.
Information Resource Use
|IS.100 IS Resource Acceptable Use Policy||Acceptable Use Policy|
|IS.101 Network Infrastructure Use||Operational Policy|
Students and Faculty
|End User Information Security Standard|
|Administrative User Standard|
|Information Service Provider Security Standard|
|Minimum Security Standards for Systems|
Copyright and Acceptable Use
|File Sharing, Copyright, and DMCA Notices|
|Standard Response on Copyright and File Sharing|
|DMCA Procedure at SCU|
|Information Resources Acceptable Use Agreement|
|Network and Communications Policies and Guidelines|
|Email For Life - Terms of Service|
|Student Email and Data Retention Policy|
|Data Classification Standard|
|How To Classify Data|
|Sample List of Level One Data|
Emergency Action and Security Incident Response
|Emergency Action Plan|
|Incident Response Standard|
|Incident Response Procedure|
|Incident Response FAQ|
Enterprise Software Acquisition
|Enterprise Software Acquisition|
- PCI Change Request
Please complete this form when requesting PCI system changes for PCI-DSS compliance
- Firewall Change Request
Please complete this form when requesting any firewall changes.
- Information Security Exception Request
For more information, see the Information Security Exception Process
- Information Resources Acceptable Use Agreement
Please fill out to verify that you have read the Information Resources Acceptable Use Agreement