Technology Policies, Procedures, and Standards
Use of Santa Clara University’s information resources must be consistent with Santa Clara University’s educational goals, as well as comply with local, state and federal laws, and University policies.
- Approved Practices are high level statements that define the University's philosophy on a specific issue. They can be thought of as organizational "law." Approved Practices must go through a thorough review before being implemented and must be accessible, comprehensive, and concise.
- Standards define minimum requirements for addressing specific issues or risks in order to comply with policy.
- Procedures are instructions for how to comply with a standard, often designed for specific audience. For example, an Anti-Virus procedure could define how end-points on the network will keep their anti-virus software up-to-date.
Students and Faculty
|End User Information Security Standard|
|Administrative User Standard|
|Information Service Provider Security Standard|
|Minimum Security Standards for Systems|
Copyright and Acceptable Use
|File Sharing, Copyright, and DMCA Notices|
|Standard Response on Copyright and File Sharing|
|DMCA Procedure at SCU|
|Information Resources Acceptable Use Agreement|
|Network and Communications Policies and Guidelines|
|Student Email and Data Retention Policy|
|Data Classification Standard|
|How To Classify Data|
|Sample List of Level One Data|
Emergency Action and Security Incident Response
|Emergency Action Plan|
|Incident Response Standard|
|Incident Response Procedure|
|Incident Response FAQ|
Enterprise Software Acquisition
|Enterprise Software Acquisition|
- PCI Change Request
Please complete this form when requesting PCI system changes for PCI-DSS compliance
- Firewall Change Request
Please complete this form when requesting any firewall changes.
- Information Security Exception Request
For more information, see the Information Security Exception Process
- Information Resources Acceptable Use Agreement
Please fill out to verify that you have read the Information Resources Acceptable Use Agreement