Scholarships & Awards
Scholarships for incoming Freshmen
If you have been accepted to Santa Clara University and plan to major in Music, you may audition for a scholarship. Scholarship auditions will take place on Saturday, April 14, 2018 from 1:00 to 2:30 pm in the Music Recital Hall. If you are interested in doing a live audition deadline for contacting music department is Wednesday April 11 at noon. Music must be submitted and appointment must be made. If you are not able to attend in person, it is possible to send a recording. For more information, and the necessary forms please contact the music office.
Performing Arts Grants
Performing Arts Grants (PAGs) are awarded to support recruitment and retention of students in the SCU Orchestra, Wind Ensemble, Jazz Band, Choirs, and World Music Ensemble. They are an incentive for students who play particularly desired instruments to make a commitment to an ensemble, and/or to retain top performing students for an entire year commitment.
- Students receiving PAGs must be enrolled in the ensemble for which the scholarship is being awarded
- Students make a year-long commitment to the ensemble for which the scholarship is being awarded
- Should a student forfeit their PAG by not enrolling or choosing not to participate in a given quarter, the award may be designated to another deserving student.
- An individual student could receive more than one PAG if they were participating in multiple ensembles for credit.
- PAGs are awarded through an audition process coordinated with regular start of the year ensemble auditions. For example, students would simultaneously be able to audition for Chamber Singers and for consideration for a PAG.
See the ensemble directors or visit the Music Office for additional information.
American Choral Directors Association National Choral Student Award
This award is given to a student who has been involved in continued participation in choral ensembles, has provided service to the ensemble and conductor, has demonstrated a high degree of choral proficiency and music literacy, and has contributed to the advancement of choral singing at the University.
Arrigo and Caterina Descalzi Prize
Established in 1990 in honor of Arrigo and Caterina Descalzi, this award is presented to the senior music student who, in the judgment of the faculty of the Department of Music, best demonstrates technical and artistic growth and dedication to the art of music.