Public Health students are strongly encouraged to take advantage of international study opportunities to gain greater understanding of global health issues. For example, SCU-affiliated programs in El Salvador, Costa Rica, Copenhagen, and Geneva offer public health-related courses and immersion experiences.
- Courses taken abroad can count as electives toward the major or minor.
- Some study abroad immersion experiences may satisfy the internship requirement.
- Download the Public Health and Study Abroad Planning Guide to help explore programs that could work for you.
- Contact the PHS Director or the SCU International Programs office for more information.
International Programs Involving Public Health
- Boston University – Geneva Public Health Internship
PH 506 – International Health and the WHO
PH 507 – Controversies in International Health
- Danish Institute for Study Abroad (Copenhagen)