Please refer to the Global Engagement Office's FAQs for the latest information on Study Abroad.
Public Health students are strongly encouraged to take advantage of international study opportunities to gain greater understanding of global health issues. For example, SCU-affiliated programs in El Salvador, Costa Rica, Copenhagen, and Geneva offer public health-related courses and immersion experiences.
- Courses taken abroad can count as electives toward the major or minor.
- Some study abroad immersion experiences may satisfy the internship requirement.
- Download the Public Health and Study Abroad Planning Guide to help explore programs that could work for you.
- Contact the PHS Director or the SCU International Programs office for more information.
International Programs Involving Public Health
- Boston University – Geneva Public Health Internship
PH 506 – International Health and the WHO
PH 507 – Controversies in International Health
- Danish Institute for Study Abroad (Copenhagen)