SCU Graduate Commencements
June 16 & 17, 2023
Stevens Stadium, Santa Clara University Campus
The following email was sent to all eligible students in SCU Graduate Programs on Monday, June 12, 2023.
Congratulations! We look forward to celebrating your accomplishments at Santa Clara University’s Commencement ceremonies on the weekend of June 16 & 17, 2023.
Below is the Graduate Commencement schedule for the weekend:
Friday, June 16, 2023:
• 4:00 p.m: Commencement Liturgy, Stevens Stadium
• 7:30 p.m: Graduate Program in Pastoral Ministries and the School of Education and Counseling Psychology (Gates open at 7:00 p.m.)
Saturday, June 17, 2023:
• 4:30 p.m: School of Engineering (Gates open at 4:00 p.m.)
• 7:00 p.m: Leavey School of Business (Gates open at 6:30 p.m.)
Parking on the SCU Campus during Commencement Weekend is complimentary for graduates and their guests. However, both standard parking and ADA parking will be severely impacted due to the large crowds expected, so please arrive early to Commencement events!
The designated ADA parking is located on the first floor of the Main Parking Structure. Guests must have a valid ADA placard to park in this designated ADA parking area.
We strongly recommend using rideshare (Uber/Lyft) or carpooling to campus, if possible. To access the rideshare and ADA drop off area, please enter the University through the main entrance at 500 El Camino Real and stay to the right towards Charney Hall.
Please see the SCU Commencement Weekend Parking Map for reference.
The approved general parking lots for guests on Commencement weekend are:
- Main Campus Parking Structure - 500 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95053 (ADA parking on the first floor)
- North Campus Parking Garage - 1063 Alviso Street, Santa Clara, CA 95053
- Guadalupe Hall - 455 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95053
- Loyola Hall - 425 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95053
Graduates and their families are invited to join us for the Annual Commencement Liturgy on Friday, June 16 at 4:00 p.m. at Stevens Stadium. All are welcome to attend as this is a non-ticketed event! Please let us know of your intention to join us at the Commencement Liturgy by registering here. A livestream of the Commencement Liturgy can be viewed on the Commencement Website.
GRADUATE COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY DETAILS
In order to be admitted, guests must present a valid Guest Ticket which can be printed or as a screenshot on your mobile device. Children ages 2 and under do not require a ticket for entry.
- Guest Tickets each have their own unique QR code and are required for guest entry. Only one scan per ticket will be allowed. Duplicate scans of the same QR code will not be permitted.
- Re-admittance - those who need to leave once inside the stadium will have their hand stamped by an SCU staff member in order to be readmitted back into the stadium.
- Guest seating is on a first come, first served basis for both field and bleacher seating.
GRADPASS FOR GRADUATES
In order for graduates to have their name read aloud at the ceremony, graduates must arrive with their GradPass, which can be printed or saved as a screenshot on their mobile device. The GradPass is each graduate’s ticket, which has a unique QR code and is required for entry. We recommend graduates print their GradPass to expedite the scanning process.
GRADUATE LINE UP
Graduates will line up 30 minutes before the start time of their respective ceremony at the Alameda Mall. University Staff will be stationed there to assist graduates in lining up by proper school and line order. Each graduate’s ‘Line Up’ number is listed on their GradPass to help guide them properly into the Commencement ceremony.
Friday, June 16, 2023:
• ECP/GPPM: Graduates line up at 7:00 p.m. at the Alameda Mall
Saturday, June 17, 2023:
• School of Engineering: Graduates line up at 4:00 p.m. at the Alameda Mall
• Leavey School of Business: Graduates line up at 6:30 p.m. at the Alameda Mall
Graduates will have their photo taken by a professional photographer (GradImages) as they cross the stage. These digital proofs will be emailed to graduates after Commencement with the opportunity to purchase their stage crossing photos.
The Commencement program will be available for download and viewing on the Commencement website the week of Commencement. Guests attending the Commencement ceremony will be able to access the digital program via QR code which will be provided to guests upon arrival. Printed programs will be placed on each graduate’s seat at the Commencement ceremony. Only graduates that were deemed eligible to participate in Commencement by April 18 will have their names included in the Commencement program.
For those wanting to view the Commencement Ceremony online, a livestream of the Commencement ceremony will be hosted on the Commencement website on Commencement Weekend.
FLOWER SALES AT COMMENCEMENT
An SCU approved flower vendor will be selling flowers/leis at four locations across campus on Commencement both before and after the ceremony. All purchases must be made using a credit card/Apple Pay as cash will not be accepted.
IMPORTANT COMMENCEMENT DAY REMINDERS
- There will be a Bag Check upon arrival. Attendees may only enter with a bag that adheres to the SCU Clear Bag Policy.
- Attendees are permitted to bring a clear, unopened bottle of water or an empty, reusable water bottle. Water filling stations will be available inside Stevens Stadium.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted and will be confiscated. Please see the list of prohibited items HERE.
- The Commencement ceremony will be livestreamed for all to view and the link will be posted on the Commencement website.
- To receive emergency and safety-related messages on your mobile device from SCU Bronco Alert, text “SCUEVENTS" to 226787 (CAMPUS) on the morning of June 16/June 17 to subscribe.
- Please visit Prepared SCU for more information about current Covid guidelines.
- The official hashtags to share tributes and memories on social media for the Class of 2023 are #SCU2023 and #SCUGrad.
- Additional and informative FAQs are located on the Commencement website.
We look forward to welcoming Class of 2023 Graduates and their families and friends to the Santa Clara University campus on Commencement Weekend.
The SCU Commencement Team
Shop Officially Licensed Products
Tell your family and friends about your milestone.
Once a Bronco, Always a Bronco
Congratulations! You now belong to a family that is more than 100,000 strong. No matter where you are across the world, you’re likely to find a Bronco eager to connect with you. It's time to enjoy all the benefits of being an SCU alum! Get involved, and enjoy the advantages of being part of the Santa Clara Alumni Family. Go Broncos!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Participating in Commencement
Knowing the difference between graduation versus commencement helps students navigate the end of their academic career at Santa Clara. Graduation is the successful completion of all course and unit requirements. Doctoral and master's candidates must petition to graduate directly through their respective program:
Commencement is the end-of-spring ceremony celebrating the students who have or will graduate. The Commencement Office coordinates the in-person ceremony. An online request form to participate in Commencement will be made available for eligible students in Spring Quarter. Students in the School of Law or Jesuit School of Theology attend separate Commencement ceremonies, and will receive information directly from their respective school.