Web Design and Engineering Major
Students must also complete the University Core Curriculum requirements for a Bachelor of Science degree in the engineering school and sufficient electives for a total of 175 units.
Web Design and Engineering
- ENGR 1 — Introduction to Engineering
- COEN 10 — Introduction to Programming
- COEN 11 — Advanced Programming
- COEN 12 — Abstract Data Types and Data Structures
- COEN 60 — Introduction to Web Technologies
- COEN 146 — Computer Networks
- COEN 161 — Web Programming I
- COEN 162 — Web Infrastructure
- COEN 163 — Web Usability
- COEN 164 — Web Programming II
- COEN 169 — Web Information Management
- COEN 174 — Software Engineering
- COEN 194, 195, 195 — Design Project I, II, III
COEN 10 (Introduction to Programming) may be waived by demonstrating equivalent programming proficiency, such as by having AP credit or by passing the department’s programming diagnostic exam.
Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- ENGL 181, 182A, and 182B — Applied Engineering Communications
- ARTS 174 — Computer Imaging
- ARTS 175 — Graphic Design
- ARTS 177 — Website Graphic Design
- COMM 2 — Introduction to Mass Communication
- COMM 12 — Technology and Communication
- COMM 30 — Intro to Digital Filmmaking
- SOCI 49 or 149 — Computers, the Internet, and Society
- An advisor-approved discipline-related ethics course
Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- MATH 11, 12, 13, 14 — Calculus and Analytic Geometry I, II, III, and IV
- AMTH 108 (or MATH 122) — Probability and Statistics
- A lab-based natural science course, such as Chemistry, Biology, Physics, etc.
Educational Enrichment Electives
Same as for the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering.
Santa Clara University
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95053
Bioengineering and Web Design and Engineering seniors teamed up to help expectant mothers in remote regions get the healthcare screening they need with their device, MUMS: Mobile Urinalysis for Maternal Screening.