Saturday, March 24 - Saturday, March 31, 2018
The Dominican Republic immersion trip provides an intensive encounter with the realities of the country, guided by social studies professionals who help participants have a deep and comprehensive understanding of these realities from a human, economic, social, cultural and historical perspective. Participants will visit barrios, meet with grassroots organizations, and learn about the “models of social services" implemented in the communities by Jesuit-sponsored initiatives that reflect Ignatius´s teachings of social justice and solidarity.
- The application for Winter Break 2017 trips is closed.
- The application for Spring Break 2018 trips is closed.
- Applications for Summer 2018 trips are due Febuary 28th at 3pm.
- The application for the Class of 2022 Summer San Jose Immersion will open in July 2018.
- The application for the Jean Donovan Fellowship can be found here.
Selected participants will be expected to attend 4–5 pre-trip meetings and a pre-trip weekend retreat, as well as 3 post-trip meetings upon return.