Irene Bubula-Phillips was born and raised in Italy. She graduated from the University of Trieste with a Laurea in Modern Languages (Spanish and English) with an emphasis on literary translation.Her graduation thesis was an analysis of magical realism elements in the works of Venezuelan writer Arturo Uslar Pietri and included the translation from Spanish into Italian of a selection of short stories. After moving to California, she received her MA in Spanish from San Jose State University. She has been teaching Italian and Spanish at Santa Clara since 1996. Ms. Bubula-Phillips is passionate about teaching and sharing her interest in languages and cultures with the students at SCU.
- Elementary Italian I, II, III
- Intermediate Italian 21, 22
- Advanced Italian 100, 101, 106
- Elementary Spanish I, II, III
- Intermediate Spanish 21, 22, 23
- Contemporary Italian Culture (ITAL 188)