Teaching is a huge fun part of my life and career. I'm very dedicated to helping my students and supporting their learning. Being able to meet new students every year and sharing my culture and knowledge with them is something I cherish very much. If you're reading this and you're an SCU current or perspective student, I invite you to take my Arabic language and culture classes. Email me and I will send you all that you need to know about the Arabic program.
Research Interests: Prison Literature, Syrian Literature, Trauma Studies, Testimony Studies, War Literature, Arab Spring, Translation
- ARAB 1, 2, 3: Elementary Arabic Language I, II, III
- ARAB 21, 22, 23: Intermediate Arabic Language I, II, III
- ARAB 137: Arabic Culture and Identity
- ARAB 11A/12A: The Arab-speaking World: Media, Culture, and Politics (C&I 1 & 2)
- Excerpts from “Seven Days,” a poem by Nouri al-Jarrah, New Poetry in Translation, 2018 (from the Arabic) http://www.newpoetryintranslation.com/al-jarrah.html
- Kadalah, Mohammed. Rev. of Concerto Al-Quds by Adonis. World Literature Today, 2017. https://www.worldliteraturetoday.org/2018/january/concerto-al-quds-adonis
- Kadalah, Mohammed. “The Representation of the Syrian Revolution in Literature” Warscapes Online Magazine. 2016. http://www.warscapes.com/literature/representation-syrian-revolution-literature
- “Long Are the Shadows,” and “Shoe of Blood.” Poems by Najib George Awad, World Literature Today, 2016. (from the Arabic).
- Kadalah, Mohammed. “The Impact of Arabic Literature on the Pre-Arab Spring Time Period” International Journal of Arts and Sciences 7: 5. 439–448.
- Kadalah, Mohammed. 'A Story From Homs'. Voices Of The Arab Spring. Assad Al-Saleh. 1st ed. New York: Columbia University Press, 2015. 217-22.