Funding & Grants
Multicultural Learning Grants
Grants are now open for 2017-2018 academic year!
The Multicultural Learning Grants are sponsored by the Office for Multicultural Learning and the Erkman Endowment Fund. These grants focus on collaborative efforts to enhance multicultural learning and education at SCU and on SCU campus. For a sample of an ideal proposal click here. All awarded grants are reimbursements, after the event has occurred and proper forms have been submitted.
For STUDENTS, the goal of the funding is to support students and student organizations in creating programs and projects designed in collaboration with more than one other cultural organization, designed to outreach to a diverse audience, and/or designed with a focus on multicultural education. These grants are capped at $350. Before submitting your application, email email@example.com to set up an interest meeting. Apply here.
For FACULTY and STAFF, the financial resources generated from this fund should be directed to academic discourse and public conversation that specifically, intentionally, and equally addresses the understanding and inclusion of those most often marginalized by their ethnicity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, and/or physical and mental abilities. This grant is recommended for University departments, students, and student organizations applying for $350 or more. Apply here.
Wednesday October 11, 2017
Wednesday November 1, 2017
Wednesday January 10, 2018
Wednesday February 7, 2018
Wednesday April 4, 2018
Wednesday May 2, 2018 (No grants will be accepted after May 2)
- Students Only: Set up an MLG Interest Meeting with an OML staff member by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students, Faculty and Staff submit the online MLG form by the due date posted above
- OML staff reviews MLG proposal
- Award Letter is sent via email to the applicant within 2 weeks
- Event occurs
- Applicant turns in receipts 1 week after the event as stated in the Award Letter
- Applicant turns in a Final Report 2 weeks after the event as stated in the Award Letter
- Once all receipts and the Final Report are received, OML will process grant reimbursement
**OML is not responsible for processing honorarium forms, contracts, reserves rooms, etc.**