This "how to" guide explains how to set up a vacation rule in Gmail.
Why am I seeing a Proofpoint URL when someone sends me an email that contains a link?
When someone sends you an email, it is scanned by Proofpoint for viruses, malware, and malicious links before it is delivered to your inbox. Links in emails you receive from outside SCU are rewritten with a Proofpoint URL that starts with https://urldefense.proofpoint.
If you click on a link to a malicious webpage, you will see a notice will appear letting you know the malicious website has been blocked.
What is a GTempAccount, and how should I deal with it?
What is a GTempAccount?
At some point, before SCU moved to G Suite, an account was created with YouTube or some other Google service.
When SCU started using G Suite in 2012, these previously-created accounts became unusable, and they were renamed to "GTempAccounts." This ensures that your SCU username will exist as a unique email account.
Occasionally, some users may receive messages that are related to an application or service that once had (but no longer has) permission to a GTempAccount. This app or service has been attempting to access that account; these attempts have failed and will continue to fail.
Is my SCU account safe?
Yes, your SCU account is safe.
While it is annoying to receive these messages, this app or service cannot access your SCU data.
What can I do?
You can create a filter to remove these messages from your inbox.
Alternatively, you can follow the steps below to delete the GTempAccount. Because this account was created before SCU converted to G Suite, we don't have the ability to remove the GTempAccount on your behalf. If you are not comfortable going through these steps, you can instead just follow the link above to create an email filter.
To remove the GTempAccount:
- Navigate to https://www.gmail.com/.
- Type the GTempAccount (e.g. Usernamefirstname.lastname@example.org). Click Next.
- Since you don't know the password, just click on the Forgot password? link and follow the prompts to set a new password for the account.
- Log in to the account and navigate to https://myaccount.google.com/.
- On the left-hand side of the page, click on Data & personalization.
- Select the option to Delete a service or your account. (You can delete the GTempAccount, but you will not be able to delete your SCU G Suite account.)
- Click on Delete your account, and follow the prompts to delete the GTempAccount.