Faculty Textbook Ordering
Textbook Request Deadlines
- Fall 2017 requests due May 5, 2017
- Winter 2018 requests due Oct. 20, 2017
- Spring 2018 requests due Feb. 2, 2018
- Summer 2018 requests due April 6, 2018
- Fall 2018 requests due May 4, 2018
To order textbooks for your class choose one of the below options:
- Order online by clicking here.
Note: If you haven't already registered on the site, you will need to register first.
- Fax 408-554-7872
- Call 408-554-4356
- Stop by the store and ask for Clint Stroud
- Or we'll come to your office at a time convenient for you.
Submitting your textbook requests as soon as possible is crucial for our students. Here’s why:
- Used books are in high demand across the country and your bookstore competes aggressively every day to source every copy that comes available. Students save 25% on our used selections!
- Buyback can occur only when that book has been ordered by faculty for the following quarter! Students can receive up to 50% back on their books, but may receive very little if your order is placed too late.
- Rentals provide amazing opportunities for students to save over 50%! The more demand for a book (and sooner it is ordered by faculty) the more likely it is to be available for rent. All of our rentals are over half off the new price!
- eBooks are matched to your order automatically if available. This is a great option for many students who prefer the convenience of electronic books and can save students a great dal of money.
- Our web site is available for students to view & order books as soon as your order is processed. This is also a great way to verify your order!
Submitting your textbook requests by posted deadlines allows us to comply with the Federal HEOA mandate that the list of all required course materials and their cost be available to students at the time of course registration.
Online Textbook Adoption Tutorial
Click here for detailed instructions on submitting online textbook requests.
Coursepacks should be ordered through the Campus Bookstore to enable Santa Clara University to comply with federal HEOA regulations requiring the posting of information on all course materials.
Xanedu is the campus preferred vendor for the development of coursepacks. Returned unopened or unsold readers are also fully refundable. To begin the development of a coursepack with Xanedu, please contact Clint Stroud at the bookstore. You also have the option of working directly with Xanedu by visiting Xanedu.com. Xanedu will let the bookstore know of your reader.
Faculty may choose to work with University Readers to develop their coursepacks. If developing a coursepack with University Readers, a faculty member is to notify Clint Stroud in the Campus Bookstore at (408) 554-4041 or email@example.com. The faculty member may opt to have the coursepack sold directly by the vendor to the student, however, they must tell University Readers that the reader may be sold to the Bronco Corner Bookstore. The Bronco Corner Bookstore may also offer the coursepack for sale so that students purchasing their textbooks with financial aid or other funds on their Bursar Account are able to purchase these coursepacks immediately at the start of a quarter. Students utilizing Bursar Account funds to purchase coursepacks offered directly from an outside vendor would otherwise have to wait until Bursar refunds are issued the third week of classes.
Per University policy, faculty may not create coursepacks to sell themselves or through their department.
Copyright clearance typically takes 2-4 weeks but in some cases takes less time. Faculty may create a login with Xanedu that allows them to track the progress of their reader for clearance.
Textbook Ordering FAQs
- In order for the University to comply with the Federal HEOA mandate, the University is required to make available to students at the time of course registration the list of all required materials and their cost. We can comply with posting this information on Bronco Corner's web site only if all professors have communicated their textbook selections a minimum of one week before registration begins.
- To allow time to research your book's publisher, ISBN, and availability
- To determine if your book is out-of-stock, out of print, or if there is a new edition
- To locate and purchase used copies on campus and around the country and/or order new books from the publishers
These steps take time, plus some new book orders can take weeks to come in.
- Bronco Corner can locate additional used copies on the national used book market before other institutions buy them
- Next term's students can buy these used books for 25% less than the cost of a new book.
Working together we can help make sure students are ready for the first day of class. Your bookstore team is always here to help. Stop by our store, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 408-554-4356.
Choose one of the below options:
- Order online by clicking here
- Fax 408-554-7872
- Call 408-554-4356
- Stop by the store and ask for Clint Stroud or Albert Martinette
- Or we'll come to your office at a time convenient for you
- Available 24/7
- In addition to saving time you'll have access to:
- Lists of books used, by course, for the last two years
- A one-click process for requesting books used in previous terms
- A searchable database of more than 250,000 textbook titles
- Drop down boxes for faster entries
- Email confirmation that your request was received
- A link to the Faculty Center Network free online resource
- Click here to get started. Note: If you haven't already registered on the site, you will need to register first.
- Edition status
- Re-use rate of the book on campus and across the company
- Single vs. multi-use (Single use i.e. online components, access codes, study guides, etc.)
Your Textbook Manager, Clint Stroud, can work with the administration and faculty to select titles for rent.
- Let your students know the bookstore offers rentals.
- Use books that don't require online access codes or single use components.
- If your book is not included on the rental list, commit to using it for a minimum of 4 terms and it can be added.
- Submit adoptions by the listed due dates.
To maintain SCU's compliance with HEOA regulations, Bronco Corner needs to be notified of all required course materials so that they can post this information on the textbook information site attached to the class registration process. A faculty member may initiate the development of a coursepack directly with Xanedu which will notify Bronco Corner to post the appropriate information. If a faculty member develops a coursepack with University Readers, they should notify Clint Stroud in Bronco Corner so that the appropriate information can be added to the textbook information site.
Per University policy, faculty members may not create coursepacks to sell directly to students themselves or through their departments.
Faculty creating coursepacks can get started by contacting Clint Stroud at (408) 554-4041, email@example.com or if working with Xanedu, by visiting xanedu.com. Xanedu will let the bookstore know of your reader.