Marie Bertola earned Master's degrees in both Italian and French language and literature. She also earned an M.A. in Teaching FSL and a degree in Journalism. She has taught all levels of Italian and French language and culture for the last thirty years at various colleges and universities in the United States and in France, including at Paris VII University and Santa Clara University. She is involved in several professional organizations and regularly presents at state and national level conferences. When not teaching, mentoring students or advocating for language education, she enjoys reading, listening to Chinese opera, watching Japanese movies, dancing, and practicing martial arts.
- Second Language Acquisition and Teaching Methodology
- Multilingualism, Translingualism and Interculturality
- Social Justice and Critical Language Pedagogy
- Second Language in Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM) Education and Business
- Introduction to Italian & French Language & Culture: ITAL 1, 2, 3
- Introduction to Italian Language for Engineers (Experiential Learning for Social Justice): ITAL 10EL
- Work-Life Balance in Italy: ITAL 21
- Italian, Media, Language & Communication: ITAL 22
- Introduction to Italian Studies: ITAL 100
- Italian Food Culture: ITAL 101
- Made in Italy and Italian Entrepreneurship: ITAL 102
- Bertola, Marie, and Sandra Carletti. Mastering Italian through Global Debate. Georgetown University Press, 2023.