This webpage will be updated frequently so please refresh your web browser each time you visit to make sure you are getting the most up-to-date information.
Information as of September 15, 2022, 8:30am PDT
Note: Information is subject to change so be sure to refresh this webpage each time you visit.
New Student Move-In & Welcome Weekend
Please note the following dates for moving to campus in September, for Welcome Weekend, and for the first day of fall classes. Information below is for all new students which include first year students and transfer students.
Residence hall move-in begins for new students and their families, including move-in assistance from volunteers. Social activities will be available for all new students whether they move into their residence halls on September 15 or commute from home.
Residence hall move-in continues for new students and their families. We invite new students and their families who could not move in on September 15 to move in during these dates. Move-in assistance will be available. All new students should plan to move in by 12:00pm on September 17 to be able to fully participate in Welcome Weekend activities. Social activities will be available for all new students whether they move into their residence halls on September 16 or commute from home.
First day of fall classes.
Click here to view the full schedule.
Parents and families are encouraged but not required to attend New Student Move-In and/or Welcome Weekend.
Residence Hall Room & Move-In Assignments
All new students who are assigned to campus housing for this fall received an email on August 2 letting them know they can log into their housing portal to view their residence hall and room assignment.
- The confirmation page includes their room, roommate name, roommate email, and four digit mailbox number.
- In mid-August, specific move-in times were sent in a separate email along with other move-in information.
- Various resources are available on our SCU Housing website which we hope students and families will find helpful as they prepare to make their way to campus.
Questions? Contact the Housing Office at email@example.com or 408-554-4900.
Resources for Moving to Campus
Click here for information and resources related to moving to campus.
- Packing Suggestions
- Shipping to Campus
- Shopping Around Campus
- ClipperCard for Public Transit
- Route #60 Bus: Airport Shuttle
- Car & Ride Sharing Programs
Meals are defined as breakfast, lunch, brunch, and dinner.
- New students who have SCU Dining Meal Plans may start using them upon arrival to campus while parents, other family, and guests may purchase breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Breakfast is available in the Benson Marketplace and/or Mission Bakery which are adjacent to one another on the 1st floor of Benson Memorial Center.
- Lunch, brunch, and dinner are available at both Benson Marketplace (indoors) and St. Ignatius Gardens (outdoors).
- See schedule for exact meal times and locations for each day.
- Many receptions will have refreshments (food and drink) available for free.
Health & Safety
Click here to view news, updates, and resources related to how we keep our campus community healthy and safe.
COVID-19 guidelines include:
- You are encouraged to test prior to attending New Student Move-In and Welcome Weekend.
- You are asked to not attend if you test positive and/or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- You are strongly encouraged to wear masks for any parts of the schedule that are indoors.
Additional safety resources and tips:
- Add these phone numbers to your phone directory and use to contact Campus Safety Services: 408-554-4441 (for non-emergencies) and 408-554-4444 (for emergencies).
- Download the Rave Guardian App to your phone and convert it into a personal safety device.
- Use any of the over 40 Emergency Blue Phones around campus if you ever feel unsafe to immediately alert and contact Campus Safety Services.
Click here for a campus map including links to information about directions and parking.
Driving & Parking
During the move-in process, please pay attention to all road signs and personnel directing traffic especially since some streets may be closed or have limited access.
For parking, you do not need a permit to park on campus. It is highly recommended that you park in either the Main Parking Structure in the middle of campus or in the North Campus Parking Structure on the northern end of campus.
Click here for parking information.
Click here to view the academic calendar for key dates during the 2022-23 academic year.
The Bronco Book
The Bronco Book is a guide for new students and families with information about SCU resources including university departments, student services, and campus map
- Click the following link for a PDF version that you can download now: Bronco Book 2022 (revised).
- The PDF version may also be accessed below using the embedded viewer.
- We will have print versions available during New Student Move-In and Welcome Weekend (September 15-18).
View directly, or right-click to save a copy.