The official start to the academic year begins with move-in on Saturday, September 16, 2017. Welcome Weekend is designed for all new students: residential, commuter, and transfer students.
View the Schedule
The 2017 schedule will be available in the summer.
For now you may view the 2016 schedule to get an idea of what to expect:
- Welcome Weekend 2016, September 17-18: Schedule Highlights
- Welcome Weeks 2016, September 19-October 8: Full Schedule
General Schedule Description
In the sections below, click on the triangular arrow to expand and collapse the information box with general description of each day during Welcome Weekend.
In the morning there will be a Get Organized! Vendor Fair. This fair brings together the most popular on- and off-campus vendors including local banks, stores, hotels, restaurants, and services available to Santa Clara students and their families. Many on-campus offices will also be available at the fair to answer questions and provide resources.
In the afternoon University President Fr. Michael Engh, S.J. will welcome new students and their families during his annual President's Welcome.
Although some sessions and activities are required on this day, most are optional so that new students are able to share their time with family.
In the morning all new students and their families are invited to attend the welcome mass and reception. After the mass families are asked to say their goodbyes by noon.
Sunday afternoon and evening are dedicated to student-only sessions and activities, most of which are required.
A free parking permit will be available in September. Additional parking notes:
- Other ways to get a permit include picking one up at either (1) the main gate upon driving onto campus via Palm Drive or (2) the check-in area in Graham Hall.
- Recommended parking is:
- Either in the main parking garage in the middle of campus (Central Parking Structure)
- Or in the parking garage by the Art & Art History Building (bordered by Franklin Street, Alviso Street, Benton Street, and The Alameda)
- Please see the links in the above section for a Campus Map and Parking Map
For More Information
Contact: Cameron Barrilleaux