The Orientation website is updated frequently so please refresh your web browser each time you visit a page within the website to make sure you are getting the most up-to-date information.
Information as of December 15, 2022
SCU participates in the Advanced Placement (AP) Program, International Baccalaureate (IB) Program, and University of Cambridge International Examinations to recognize college-level academic achievement prior to matriculation and to encourage students to pursue advanced studies in their areas of interest.
Credit or placement is determined by the appropriate department based on review of the student's test scores, sometimes in the context of supplemental departmental examinations. Students will be notified of credit upon matriculation at SCU.
Advanced Placement (AP) Program
If you took an AP exam:
- A score of 4 or 5 in some subjects warrants SCU credit.
- Also, SCU accepts the following AP exams with a score of 3: Calculus BC, Chemistry, and Computer Science A.
- Therefore, it is important for you to know your exam scores for academic planning during your Academic Advising & Course Enrollment session.
- Only some Core Curriculum requirements can be satisfied with AP test credit: Second Language, Mathematics, Natural Science, and Social Science.
How to submit your AP scores:
- SCU only accepts official copies sent from the College Board.
- Log into your College Board account and send an official copy to SCU.
- Click here to learn more about how to obtain your scores.
- You may email the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com to notifiy SCU that the College Board is sending your scores.
International Baccalaureate (IB) Program
If you have an IB program transcript or certificate:
- SCU only accepts High-Level IB exams with scores of 6 or 7.
How to submit your IB scores:
Prior to your Academic Advising & Course Enrollment session.