The Orientation website is updated frequently so please refresh your web browser each time you visit a page within the website to make sure you are getting the most up-to-date information.
Information as of April 27, 2023
Fall 2023 Admits
All new students (first year students and transfer students) beginning enrollment in September 2023 are required to register for an Academic Advising & Course Enrollment session but are automatically registered for all other parts of Orientation.
Academic Advising & Course Enrollment Sessions
First Year Students:
- Sessions will take place in July 2023.
- Each student needs to register and participate in only one session.
- Visit the Newly Admitted page for more information including session dates.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Note: New students are automatically registered for all other parts of Orientation.
In addition to Academic Advising & Course Enrollment sessions that take place virtually in July for first year students and August for transfer students, all new students are required to participate in all parts of Orientation.
- Orientation entails engaging with fellow students, registering for classes, learning about our academic and co-curricular programs, and obtaining information about how you can get involved with the Santa Clara community.
- Click here to view a full overview of the Orientation experience.
- All parts of Orientation will be delivered virtually from June to September so travel to campus is not needed.
Parent & Family Orientation
- Parents and other family members are encouraged (not required) to participate in Orientation through sessions designed specifically for them.
- We will introduce parents and other family members to the values, goals, and practices of Santa Clara as well as share resources about our academic programs and student services.
New Student Move-In & Welcome Weekend
- New Student Move-In & Welcome Weekend is when all new students and families will arrive on campus to move into the residence halls and participate in welcome events.
- Welcome Weekend is still required for any new students living off campus; they just won't have a move-in time assigned to them.
- New students living on campus will move into their residence halls on September 15.
- The dates of Welcome Weekend are September 16-17.
- Fall classes begin on September 18.
The 2023 fee is $295 per student and is the same whether you are a first year student or transfer student. There is no parent/family fee.
What Do Fees Cover?
Fees cover the following:
- Staffing and online tools for virtual engagement during Orientation.
- Staffing, meals, materials, publications, and activities during Welcome Weekend.
Students must be Pell Grant-eligible in order to receive a fee waiver.
- New students who are Pell Grant-eligible will automatically receive the fee waiver so there is no need to request a waiver.
- For all other students who would like to request a fee waiver, please email our office at email@example.com with your first name, last name, and student ID number.
- Also, students must accept their financial aid packages first before a fee waiver can be fully processed.
- Each request for a fee waiver will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Note: The fee waiver is for the Orientation & Welcome Weekend Fee only.
Important Note About Payment
Fees for students are billed to their SCU accounts under the Bursar Office. For students who are beginning enrollment in September 2023:
- Fall billing statements will be available in the student's Workday portal account starting August 1.
- The payment deadline for this bill is August 21.
- Please contact the One Stop at 408-551-1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with payment questions.
Students can also grant access to other Authorized Payers -- such as parents and other family -- to view and use the online bill/pay system. Further instructions will be included in the Bronco Prep Guides in May and June.
Students need to accept their financial aid award in their Workday portal by July 24 so it appears on their bill.
Winter 2024 Admits
All new students (first year students and transfer students) beginning enrollment in January 2024 will automatically be registered for Orientation and their Academic Advising & Course Enrollment sessions.
- Full details about Orientation will be sent via email in December 2023.
- The Drahmann Academic Advising & Learning Resources Center will also send you emails in December with full details about your academic advising and course enrollment.
- New students will have their Course Enrollment online course and Technology for Academic Success online course in December (exact date TBA).
- New students will have their Academic Advising webinar in December (exact date TBA).
- New students will have their Course Enrollment session in December (exact date TBA).
There are no Orientation fees for new students who are beginning enrollment in January 2024.