The Orientation website is updated frequently so please refresh your web browser each time you visit a page within the website to make sure you are getting the most up-to-date information.
Information as of May 26, 2022
Fall 2022 Admits
All new students (first year students and transfer students) beginning enrollment in September 2022 are required to register for an Academic Advising & Course Enrollment session but are automatically registered for all other parts of Orientation.
Academic Advising & Course Enrollment Sessions
Note: Online registration for Academic Advising & Course Enrollment sessions are available on the Newly Admitted page on the Drahmann Academic Advising & Learning Resources Center website. Please visit this page for more information.
First Year Students:
- Sessions will take place in July 2022.
- Each student needs to register and participate in only one session.
- Visit the Newly Admitted page for more information.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Note: New students are automatically registered for all other parts of Orientation.
In addition to Academic Advising & Course Enrollment sessions that take place virtually in July, all new students (first year students and transfer students) are required -- unless noted otherwise -- to participate in all other parts of Orientation.
- Orientation entails engaging with fellow students, registering for classes, learning about our academic and co-curricular programs, and obtaining information about how you can get involved with the Santa Clara community.
- Parents and other family members are encouraged (not required) to participate in Orientation through sessions designed specifically for them.
- We will introduce parents and other family members to the values, goals, and practices of Santa Clara as well as share resources about our academic programs and student services.
- Click here to view a full overview of the Orientation experience.
- All parts of Orientation will be delivered virtually from June to September so travel to campus is not needed.
- New students and families will arrive on campus for Welcome Weekend to move into the residence halls and participate in welcome events.
- Welcome Weekend will be September 15-18, 2022 (Thursday-Sunday); fall classes begin on Monday, September 19.
$195 for first year students
$95 for transfer students
What Do Fees Cover?
Fees cover the following:
- Staffing and online tools for virtual engagement during Orientation.
- Staffing, meals, materials, publications, and activities during Welcome Weekend.
Students must be Pell Grant-eligible in order to receive a fee waiver.
- New students who are Pell Grant-eligible will automatically receive the fee waiver so there is no need to request a waiver.
- For all other students who would like to request a fee waiver, please email our office at email@example.com with your first name, last name, and student ID number.
- Also, students must accept their financial aid packages first before a fee waiver can be fully processed.
- Each request for a fee waiver will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Note: The fee waiver is for the Orientation & Welcome Weekend Fee only.
Important Note About Payment
Fees for students are billed to their SCU accounts under the Bursar Office. For students who are beginning enrollment in September 2022:
- Billing statements will be available in their eCampus account starting August 1, 2022.
- The payment deadline for this bill is August 21, 2022.
- Please contact the One Stop at 408-551-1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with payment questions.
Students need to accept their financial aid award via eCampus so it appears on their bill.
Also, students can also grant access (via eCampus) to other authorized users to the online bill/pay system.
Winter 2022 Admits
All new students (first year students and transfer students) beginning enrollment in January 2022 are automatically registered for Orientation and their Academic Advising & Course Enrollment sessions.
- Full details about Orientation will be sent via email on December 3 and December 8, 2021.
- Reminder emails will be sent on December 17, 2021, and January 7, 2022.
- The Drahmann Academic Advising & Learning Resources Center will send an email about your Academic Advising & Course Enrollment session.
- Newly admitted transfer students have their Academic Advising & Course Enrollment session on December 13, 2021.
- Newly admitted first year students have their Academic Advising & Course Enrollment session on December 14, 2021.
There are no Orientation fees for new students who are beginning enrollment in January 2022.