The Orientation website is updated frequently so please refresh your web browser each time you visit a page within the website to make sure you are getting the most up-to-date information.
Information as of August 18, 2023
All new students (first year students and transfer students) will receive a series of emails from the Drahmann Academic Advising & Learning Resources Center and the Academic Technology office with full instructions about preparing for and participating in academic advising and course enrollment.
Fall 2023 Admits
All new students (first year students and transfer students) beginning enrollment in September 2023 must complete all requirements listed below.
- Details about these requirements will be updated throughout Spring 2023 given the varied timelines and deadlines.
- Please refresh your web browser each time you visit a page within the website to make sure you are getting the most up-to-date information.
Important things to note:
- In general, the requirements listed below includes those listed on the "Next Steps" checklist sent to you by the Undergraduate Admission Office.
- The requirements listed below also include additional requirements some of which extend into the 2023-24 academic year.
- Also, the requirements listed below are related to Orientation and getting started at SCU. There may be other requirements throughout a student's first year at SCU, but we do not list those here since they are not relevant to Orientation.
- The "due by" dates listed below are for general guidance. You are responsible for reading the details about each requirement to view the exact deadlines and are recommended to complete requirements in a timely manner.
Due Before July
- Pay your enrollment fee
- Accept your financial aid package (if applicable)
- Register for an Academic Advising & Course Enrollment session
- Activate your SCU email account
- Submit your housing deposit
- Submit your AP scores, IB credit, and University of Cambridge International exams
- Submit the FERPA Release (if applicable)
- Take the Calculus Readiness Exam
- Take a Language Placement Exam
- Complete the online Technology for Academic Success Series
Due by July
- Participate in your Academic Advising & Course Enrollment session (first year students)
- Submit your final transcripts
- Verify grants, scholarships, and loans (if applicable)
- Register for accessibility accommodations (if applicable)
- Register for the Collegiate Recovery Program (if applicable)
- Submit health insurance waiver (priority deadline is July 18, 2023 - enrollment in 6 units required to access forms)
Due no later than August 1
Due by August
- Participate in your Academic Advising & Course Enrollment session (transfer students)
- Submit the I-20 request form (international students only)
Due by September
Campus Life Learning Modules are required for all new students. The university department that manages each module will send a separate email to all new students with full details and instructions.
Modules include the following listed below. Please note that the name in parentheses is the company that provides the online platform for that particular module.
- Academic & Support Resources Module (Comevo): Managed by New Student & Parent Programs, this module will assist students with becoming familiar with the academic and support resources that are here to help you thrive in and out of the classroom.
- Alcohol Education & Sexual Assault Prevention Module (Vector Solutions): Managed by the Office of Student Life, this module will assist students with being informed on topics vital to a healthy and safe campus with topics covering alcohol education, prescription drug abuse prevention, and sexual violence prevention.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Module (Camino): Managed by the Office for Multicultural Learning, this module will assist students with developing baseline skill sets and expose them to different perspectives and ways of life that position them to engage in a genuine and authentic way with members of the SCU community.
- Mental Health Module (Kognito): Managed by the Cowell Center, this module will assist students with equipping students with skills to support their own mental health and that of their peers via positive coping strategies, recognition of distress signs, effective communication of concerns, and action steps to find additional support.
Deadline: All modules need to be completed by September 5, 2023.