The Orientation website is updated frequently so please refresh your web browser each time you visit a page within the website to make sure you are getting the most up-to-date information.
Information as of September 10, 2021
Academic Advising & Course Enrollment
All new students (first year students and transfer students) will receive a series of emails from the Drahmann Academic Advising & Learning Resources Center and the Academic Technology office with full instructions about preparing for and participating in academic advising and course enrollment.
Below is a summary of various requirements that new students need to complete as part of Orientation 2021.
Details about these requirements will be updated throughout Spring 2021 given the varied timelines and deadlines.
So, again, please refresh your web browser each time you visit a page within the website to make sure you are getting the most up-to-date information.
Important things to note:
- In general, the requirements listed below includes those listed on the "Next Steps" checklist sent to you by the Undergraduate Admission Office.
- The requirements listed below also include additional requirements some of which extend into the 2021-22 academic year.
- Also, the requirements listed below are related to Orientation and getting started at SCU. There may be other requirements throughout a student's first year at SCU, but we do not list those here since they are not relevant to Orientation.
- The "due by" dates listed below are for general guidance. You are responsible for reading the details about each requirement to view the exact deadlines and are recommended to complete requirements in a timely manner.
Due Before July
- Pay your enrollment fee
- Accept your financial aid package (if applicable)
- Register for an Academic Advising & Course Enrollment session
- Activate your SCU email account
- Submit your housing deposit
- Submit the Supplemental Pre-Enrollment Information Form (SPIF)
- Submit your AP scores, IB credit, and University of Cambridge International exams
- Submit the FERPA Release (if applicable)
- Take the Calculus Readiness Exam
- Take a Second Language Placement Exam
- Complete the online Technology for Academic Success Series
Due in July
- Participate in your Academic Advising & Course Enrollment session
- Submit your final transcripts
- Verify grants, scholarships, and loans (if applicable)
- Register for accessibility accommodations (if applicable)
- Register for the Collegiate Recovery Program (if applicable)
Due in August
- Submit the I-20 request form (international students only)
- Complete the HERI Freshman Survey (first year students and transfer students)
Due in September
- Submit health insurance waiver
- Complete the LEVL Up (Lead & Excel in Versatile Learning) online module (highy recommended but not required)
Due in October
Being a Bronco Series
The Being a Bronco Series is an 8-part series that helps to transition new students to the SCU community. The information you gain from this series will help you to positively navigate your time at SCU.
- The Being a Bronco Series is facilitated by staff and students from the Office of Student Life and the Cowell Center.
- The series begins in August 2021 and concludes in the winter quarter.
- All first year students and new transfer students are required to successfully complete each unit of the series.
- Details about what you need to access and complete each unit of the series will be emailed to you within 2 weeks of each unit beginning.