The Orientation website is updated frequently so please refresh your web browser each time you visit a page within the website to make sure you are getting the most up-to-date information.
Below is a summary of various requirements that new students need to complete as part of Orientation 2018.
Important things to note:
- In general, the requirements listed below includes those listed on the "Next Steps" checklist sent to you by the Undergraduate Admission Office.
- The requirements listed below also include additional requirements some of which extend into the 2018-19 academic year.
- Also, the requirements listed below are related to Orientation and getting started at SCU. There may be other requirements throughout a student's first year at SCU, but we do not list those here since they are not relevant to Orientation.
- The "due by" dates listed below are for general guidance. You are responsible for reading the details about each requirement to view the exact deadlines and are recommended to complete requirements as early as possible.
Due Before July
- Pay your enrollment fee
- Accept your financial aid package (if applicable)
- Register for Orientation
- Submit your housing deposit
- Submit the Supplemental Pre-Enrollment Information Form (SPIF)
- Register for disabilities accommodations (if applicable)
- Register for the Collegiate Recovery Program (if applicable)
Due in July
- Activate your SCU email account
- Submit your AP scores, IB credit & University of Cambridge International exams
- Take the Calculus Readiness Exam
- Take a Second Language Placement Exam
- Submit your final transcripts
- Complete the common reading
- Participate in academic advising
- Register for fall classes
- Submit the FERPA Release (if applicable)
- Verify grants, scholarships and loans (if applicable)
Due by August
Due by September
- Complete the "Diversity & Inclusion: Explore" requirement (Being a Bronco Series)
- Complete the "Think About It" requirement (Being a Bronco Series)
- Complete the "Bronco Welcome" requirement (Being a Bronco Series)
Due by October
- Complete the "Diversity & Inclusion: Embrace" rquirement (Being a Bronco Series)
- Complete the "One Love" requirement (Being a Bronco Series)
- Complete the sexual assault prevention education requirement (Being a Bronco Series)
Being a Bronco Series
The Orientation requirements due in September and October are part of the Being a Bronco Series. These requirements include Bronco Welcome, Diversity & Inclusion Series, Think About It, One Love, and an educational module about sexual assault prevention (formerly Can't Thread a Moving Needle).
For More Information
Contact: Cameron Barrilleaux