The Orientation website is updated frequently so please refresh your web browser each time you visit a page within the website to make sure you are getting the most up-to-date information.
Information as of November 19, 2020
The full list of requirements that new students need to complete as part of Orientation 2021 will start becoming available in Winter 2021.
Academic Advising & Course Registration
All new students (first year students and transfer students) will receive a series of emails from the Drahmann Academic Advising & Learning Resources Center and the Academic Technology office with full instructions about preparing for and participating in academic advising and course registration.
All new students (first year students and transfer students) who are starting their first academic quarter at SCU in January 2021 will receive an email from the Orientation office about any requirements that need to be completed.
The information below will be for new students who are starting their first academic quarter at SCU in September 2021.
Below is a summary of various requirements that new students need to complete as part of Orientation 2020.
Important things to note:
- In general, the requirements listed below includes those listed on the "Next Steps" checklist sent to you by the Undergraduate Admission Office.
- The requirements listed below also include additional requirements some of which extend into the 2020-21 academic year.
- Also, the requirements listed below are related to Orientation and getting started at SCU. There may be other requirements throughout a student's first year at SCU, but we do not list those here since they are not relevant to Orientation.
- The "due by" dates listed below are for general guidance. You are responsible for reading the details about each requirement to view the exact deadlines and are recommended to complete requirements in a timely manner.
All information below this point is for Orientation 2020.
Due Before July
- Pay your enrollment fee
- Accept your financial aid package (if applicable)
- Register for Orientation
- Submit your housing deposit
- Activate your SCU email account
- Submit your AP scores, IB credit & University of Cambridge International exams
- Take the Calculus Readiness Exam
- Take a Second Language Placement Exam
- Participate in academic advising (for first year students participating in Orientation sessions in July)
Due in July
- Complete the online Technology for Academic Success Series
- Register for the Collegiate Recovery Program (if applicable)
- Submit your final transcripts
- Register for fall classes (for first year students participating in Orientation sessions in July)
- Participate in academic advising (for transfer students participating in Transfer Orientation in August)
- Verify grants, scholarships and loans (if applicable)
Due in August
- Register for fall classes (for transfer students participating in Transfer Orientation in August)
- Submit the I-20 request form (international students only)
Due in September
Being a Bronco Series
The Being A Bronco Series is a 7-part series that helps to transition new students to the SCU community. The information you gain from this series will help you to positively navigate your time at SCU.
- The Being A Bronco Series is facilitated by staff and students from the Office of Student Life and the Cowell Center.
- The series begins in August 2020 and concludes in February 2021.
- All first year students and new transfer students are required to successfully complete each unit of the series.
- Details about what you need to access and complete each unit of the series will be emailed to you within 2 weeks of each unit beginning.