The Orientation website is updated frequently so please refresh your web browser each time you visit a page within the website to make sure you are getting the most up-to-date information.
Information as of January 19, 2024
In the late spring and early summer, all new students (first year students and transfer students) will receive a series of emails from the Drahmann Academic Advising & Learning Resources Center and the Academic Technology office with full instructions about preparing for and participating in academic advising and course enrollment.
Academic advising and course enrollment take place during in-person Orientation sessions in July for first year students and in August for transfer students.
All new students (first year students and transfer students) beginning enrollment in September 2024 must complete all requirements listed below.
- Details about these requirements will be updated throughout the winter and spring given the varied timelines and deadlines.
- Please refresh your web browser each time you visit a page within the website to make sure you are getting the most up-to-date information.
Important things to note:
- In general, the requirements listed below includes those listed on the "Next Steps" checklist sent to you by the Undergraduate Admission Office.
- Also, the requirements listed below are related to Orientation and getting started at SCU. There may be other requirements throughout a student's first year at SCU, but we do not list those here since they are not relevant to Orientation.
- The "due by" dates listed below are for general guidance. You are responsible for reading the details about each requirement to view the exact deadlines so that you are able to complete requirements in a timely manner.
Due Before July
- Pay your enrollment fee
- Accept your financial aid package (if applicable)
- Register for an Academic Advising & Course Enrollment session
- Activate your SCU email account
- Submit your housing deposit
- Submit your AP scores, IB credit, and University of Cambridge International exams
- Submit the FERPA Release (if applicable)
- Take the Calculus Readiness Exam
- Take a Language Placement Exam
- Complete the online Technology for Academic Success Series
Due by July
- Participate in your Academic Advising & Course Enrollment session (first year students)
- Submit your final transcripts
- Verify grants, scholarships, and loans (if applicable)
- Register for accessibility accommodations (if applicable)
- Register for the Collegiate Recovery Program (if applicable)
- Submit health insurance waiver (priority deadline is July 15, 2024 - enrollment in 6 units required to access forms)
Due no later than August 1
Due by August
- Participate in your Academic Advising & Course Enrollment session (transfer students)
- Submit the I-20 request form (international students only)
Due by September