The Orientation website is updated frequently so please refresh your web browser each time you visit a page within the website to make sure you are getting the most up-to-date information.
Below is a summary of various requirements that new students need to complete as part of Orientation 2018.
Important things to note:
- In general, the requirements listed below includes those listed on the "Next Steps" checklist sent to you by the Undergraduate Admission Office.
- The requirements listed below also include additional requirements some of which extend into the 2018-19 academic year.
- Also, the requirements listed below are related to Orientation and getting started at SCU. There may be other requirements throughout a student's first year at SCU, but we do not list those here since they are not relevant to Orientation.
- The "due by" dates listed below are for general guidance. You are responsible for reading the details about each requirement to view the exact deadlines and are recommended to complete requirements as early as possible.
Due Before July
- Pay your enrollment fee
- Accept your financial aid package (if applicable)
- Register for Orientation
- Submit your housing deposit
- Submit the Supplemental Pre-Enrollment Information Form (SPIF)
- Register for disabilities accommodations (if applicable)
- Register for the Collegiate Recovery Program (if applicable)
Due in July
- Activate your SCU email account
- Submit your AP scores, IB credit & University of Cambridge International exams
- Take the Calculus Readiness Exam
- Take a Second Language Placement Exam
- Submit your final transcripts
- Complete the common reading
- Participate in academic advising
- Register for fall classes
- Submit the FERPA Release (if applicable)
- Verify grants, scholarships and loans (if applicable)
Due by August
Due by September
- Complete the "Explore: Online Diversity Module" requirement (Being a Bronco Series)
- Complete the "EverFi Modules" requirement (Being a Bronco Series)
- Complete the "Bronco Welcome" requirement (Being a Bronco Series)
- Complete the "One Love" requirement (Being a Bronco Series)
Due by October
- Complete the "Embrace: Small Group Discussion" requirement (Being a Bronco Series)
- Complete the "It's Real" requirement (Being a Bronco Series)
Being a Bronco Series
The Orientation requirements due in September and October are part of the Being a Bronco Series. These requirements include the following:
- Explore: Online Diversity Module
- EverFi Modules
- Bronco Welcome
- One Love: Film & Discussion
- Embrace: Small Group Conversation
- It's Real: Film & Discussion
First Year Seminar
The Being a Bronco: First Year Seminar is an extension of the Being a Bronco Series which is required of all first year students. The Being a Bronco Series is intended to integrate our newest Broncos into the SCU community and deepen our collective understanding of the term cura personalis (care for the whole person).
Basic information about the First Year Seminar:
- Open to 50 first year students (2 sections with 25 students per section)
- Once per week on Tuesdays, 3:50-5:30pm (fall quarter only)
- Pass/fail grading (i.e. no letter grades)
- Earns 2 course credits
- Register for course # UGST 10, titled "First Year Seminar"
Students enrolled in the seminar will be given more detailed information by their instructors about how they will fulfill the Being a Bronco Series requirements.
For More Information
Contact: Cameron Barrilleaux