At Santa Clara University, the personal safety and well-being of every community member is of the utmost importance. The orientation experience for all new students is inclusive of completing health and safety online modules. This experience is an introduction to our Culture of CARE and promoting the Eight Dimensions of Wellness. The deadline for completing this is September 5, 2023.
- Kognito (At Risk Mental Health) - Santa Clara University partners with Kognito to offer a brief (40 minutes) online course: At Risk Mental Health for Students. The interactive experience equips students with skills to support their own mental health and that of their peers. The course introduces positive coping strategies, prepares students to recognize signs of distress, effectively communicate their concerns, and take action to find additional support. To Access At Risk Mental Health for Students, navigate to https://kognitocampus.com/, create a new account using your SCU email address and enter the enrollment key: santaclarastudent. Questions specifically about Kognito, inclusive of technical questions, should be sent to Cowellcenter@scu.edu.
- AlcoholEdu for College is an interactive online program (90 minutes) that uses the latest evidence-based prevention methods to create a highly engaging learning experience, inspiring students to make healthier decisions related to alcohol and other drugs.
- Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates is an interactive course (40 minutes) highlights the importance of a safe and healthy learning environment for students and addresses the issue of sexual harassment and assault on campus. It teaches students to recognize and respond to sexual harassment and assault when it occurs. This course highlights the widespread impact of sexual violence and emphasizes the responsibility of every student to stand against and prevent sexual violence on campus.
To access AlcoholEdu for College and Sexual Assault Prevention, Click Here
- Use the same username and password as you would if you are logging into mySCU Portal
- If you are having technical difficulties, staff at the Technology Help Desk are ready to help you. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have non-technical questions or if you need any additional information, you can reach out to the following departments for further assistance:
- Office of Student Life: Contact via email at email@example.com regarding AlcoholEdu for College.
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Title IX: Contact via email at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding the Sexual Assault Prevention
|On Your Own|
|Kognito (At Risk Mental Health)||September 5, 2023||40 minutes||X|
|AlcoholEdu for College||September 5, 2023||90 minutes||X|
|Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates||September 5, 2023||45 minutes||X|