How Do I?
Grades are available on ecampus as they are entered and posted. However, they cannot be viewed by a student until the student has completed and submitted a course evaluation during the week prior to finals. If a student has not submitted a course evaluation during that time period they will be unable to view their assigned grade for that course until the week following finals. The faculty deadline to submit final grades is five calendar days after the last exam.
Log on to ecampus. In your student center, located just below "Academic History" is a "Grades" link. Clicking there will navigate you to a screen which requires you to choose a term. After clicking on a specific term you will be shown a listing of your courses taken for that quarter with each assigned grade. You can print an unofficial copy of the grades for your record. If you need an official copy of your grade report, submit a signed request to the Office of the Registrar Enrollment Verification Specialist, SCU, Admissions and Enrollment Building, Santa Clara CA 95053. The fax number is 408/551-3112.
Students admitted to degree status at Santa Clara may audit one course in addition to their regular course load in a term. A maximum of three courses may be audited during a student's academic career. Permission to audit a course will be given only at the end of the late registration period and only if space is available in the class. No credit is assigned for an audited course, but the successful completion of an audit will be indicated on a student's transcript by the notation "AUD."
Log on to ecampus. Located on the left hand side of your web page under "Self Service" is located an item called "Campus Personal Information." Click here and you will have access to the "Addresses" link. Clicking there will navigate you to a screen that lists your address information. You can edit this information on line at any time.
Log on to ecampus. Located on the left hand side of your web page under "Self Service" is located an item called "Campus Personal Information. Click here and you will have access to the "Email Addresses" link. Clicking there will navigate you to a screen that lists your email address information. You can edit this information on line at any time.
Log on to ecampus. Located on the left hand side of your web page under "Self Service" is located an item called "Campus Personal Information." Click here and you will have access to the "Emergency Contacts" link. Clicking there will navigate you to a screen that lists your emergency contact information. You can edit this information on line at any time.
Your request must include:
- Former name (Last, First, Middle)
- Current name (Last, First, Middle)
- Student ID number or Social Security Number
- Reason for the change
- Major and College
- Note if you are currently enrolled or last date of attendance
If the reason for your name change is due to 'Marriage,' then this is all you need to provide. However, if it is for any other reason we need documentation of the name change or the signature of a notary public.
Requests can be made by completing the Name Change Form and submitting it by mail or in person at the Office of the Registrar.
To change a declared Pathway send an email to the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com. This email must be sent from your Santa Clara University email account. Provide your full name, campus ID, SCU email address, the name of the Pathway you want removed and the name of the new Pathway that should be added. A confirmation of the change will be sent to your SCU email account.
Log on to ecampus. Located on the left hand side of your web page under "Self Service" is located an item called "Campus Personal Information." Click here and you will have access to the "Phone Numbers" link. Clicking there will navigate you to a screen that lists your phone number information. You can edit this information on line at any time
Change Undergraduate College or School
- Click here to download a Program Petition Form.
- Fill out your demographic data in section 3 of the form. Sign and date it.
- For Business and Engineering: Obtain the signature of the associate dean of your previous college/school.
- Have the associate dean or administrative assistant of your new college or school fill in the name of your new advisor.
- Return the completed form intact to the One-Stop.
Change Undergraduate Major
- Download the Program Petition Form
- Fill out your demographic data in section 2 of the form. Sign and date it.
- Obtain the signature of the department chair of your previous major and your new major.
- Have the department chair or administrative assistant of your new major fill in the name of your new advisor.
- Return the completed form intact to the One-Stop.
Santa Clara University follows federal guidelines regarding credit units and credit hours.
Federal Policy 34 CFRR 600.2 defines a credit hour for Federal programs, including the Federal student financial assistance programs, as "an amount of work represented in learning outcomes and verified by evidence of student achievement that is an institutionally established equivalency that reasonably approximates not less than:
- One hour of classroom or direct faculty instruction and a minimum of two hours of out of class student work each week for approximately fifteen weeks for one semester or trimester hour of credit, or ten to twelve weeks for one quarter hour of credit, or the equivalent amount of work over a different amount of time; or
- At least an equivalent amount of work as in paragraph 1 of this definition for other academic activities as established by the institution, including laboratory work, internships, practica, studio work, and other academic work leading to the award of credit hours."
(Edward Ochoa, Assistant Secretary, Department of Education, "Guidance to Institutions and Accrediting Agencies Regarding a Credit Hour as Defined in the Final Regulations Published on October 29, 2010.")
To declare your pathway you must log onto eCampus. Click the Academics tile. Select Declare your Pathway from the left hand menu. Upon reading the message click on the magnifying glass, select the desired Pathway plan/description and hit save. Once selection has been saved click on return to Student Center. Please contact the Office of the Registrar, firstname.lastname@example.org, should you have questions. Pathway information: http://www.scu.edu/provost/ugst/core/
- Download the Program Petition Form
- Fill out your demographic data and section 1 of the form. Sign and date it.
- Obtain the signature of the department chair.
- Have your department chair or administrative assistant fill in the name of your assigned advisor.
- Return the completed form intact to the One Stop.
Effective fall quarter/semester 2011 students who have a financial/registration hold on their record will be able to drop classes via eCampus; they will no longer have to fill out an add/drop form (within registration deadlines) If there is a financial/registration hold neither adding or swapping courses is allowed until the hold is first reconciled.
Students with questions about the commencement ceremony should contact the Events Planning Office, email@example.com, or visit the Commencement web page.
- Click here to visit the petition to graduate page
- Graduate students receive graduation information directly from their graduate program office. Links to each program and contact numbers follow:
Pastoral Ministries -
School of Business-
Counseling Psychology and Education -
School of Engineering -
School of Law -
Please visit the Registrar's Forms Page.
All current SCU students and alumni may order copies of their official transcript online. SCU offers both electronic transcripts ($3.00 per transcript) as well as paper transcripts ($3.00 per transcript + postage) via Parchment Credential Services. Documents, such as cover letters, resumes, and enrollment verifications, can be sent as an attachment to your transcript order. Requests can be made online 24/7, and students and alumni will have access to real-time, end-to-end tracking that shows when the transcript request was fulfilled and when it is received. Average transcript delivery for electronic transcripts for students with an eCampus ID will be within hours of the request.
Please note that your transcript will not be produced if you have a hold on your academic record restricting transcript access (in eCampus, go to your student record to find out details on the hold, and instructions on how to clear the hold). The hold will need to be cleared before you can successfully request an official transcript. Requests made by phone or email will not be accepted.
How to Order an Official Transcript: 1) If you have been in attendance at SCU at any time since fall term 2002, you can request a transcript by logging into eCampus: https://www.scu.edu/ecampus (once in eCampus, click on Academics, then Transcripts and Verification, then Request Official Transcript)
(Need help logging into eCampus? Click here for instructions on Access to eCampus Form.)
2) If you attended SCU at any point prior to fall 2002, you must register directly via the Parchment Transcript Self-Registration Site (allow 10-15 working days for transcript requests on records prior to 1993). Once your student status is verified, an email will be sent to you with instructions on requesting either an electronic or paper official transcript through SCU's third party vendor, Parchment Credential Services.
If you have difficulties requesting an official transcript, or have any questions/issues with ordering through Parchment Services, then please contact SCU's Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Office of the Registrar does not provide unofficial copies of transcripts.
- Students who have access to eCampus (https://www.scu.edu/ecampus) may print an unofficial copy of their transcript through the Student Center.
Enrollment Verification for Student Loans
Santa Clara University reports enrollment verification data to the National Student Loan Clearinghouse on a regular schedule for the purpose of providing student loan guarantors and lenders current enrollment data.
Requests for current quarter enrollment verification cannot be processed until after your program's Late Registration/Add Period ends for that term. Verification of enrollment can only be made for current term or prior term enrollment.
Request an Enrollment Verification electronically:
- Students who have been in attendance at SCU at any time since fall term 2002 can request an enrollment verification by logging into Ecampus. https://www.scu.edu/ecampus Click here for Electronic Enrollment Verification Requests Instructions. Written enrollment requests from students who have access to eCampus will only be accepted if a form is required to be attached to the transcript. Any other written requests will be returned.
Need help logging into Ecampus? Click here for instructions on How to Obtain Access to eCampus
Students who attended prior to fall 2002 can request an enrollment verification in person, in writing, or via fax. (Email or phone requests are not accepted.)
- In Person
Print the Enrollment Verification Form or obtain the form the One-Stop.
Fill out the form. Sign it.
Return the completed form to the One-Stop. Include any forms to be processed with the verification.
- In Writing
Print a copy of the Enrollment Verification Form complete and sign it, then send to the following address:
Attn: Verification Specialist
Office of the Registrar
Santa Clara University
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara CA 95053-0602
- Fax Requests
Print a copy of the Enrollment Verification Form, complete and sign it, then fax form to (408) 554-6926.
Log on to ecampus and into your student center. Note on the right hand side of your web page near the top is a section titled "Holds." If you have any holds listed you can click on "details" for more information regarding them.