The ACE Leadership Program application process begins in Winter quarter.
The process includes an essay application and interview process. While the application process is competitive, we encourage students to apply for the program and demonstrate how participation in the program will support their development. If you have questions, please contact Brenda Versteeg, Director, Professional Development and Social Justice.
Students must meet the following criteria to apply to the ACE Leadership Program:
- Enrolled in the Leavey School of Business
- Maintained a 3.5 cumulative GPA (Fall 2017 and Winter 2018)
- Be a current first year student planning to graduate in 2021
2018 Application Timeline
March 2018 - Applications available online for students invited to apply
April 5, 2018 - Information session hosted at 5:45 pm in Lucas Hall 126. Attendance is not required to apply for program.
April 9, 2018 - Applications due by noon
April 23 - 26, 2018 - Interview week. Selected candidates notified by email about interview times.
May 6, 2018 - Final participants selected and announced
May 15, 2018 - Program Orientation
Students who are selected to participate will be invited to a welcome reception held May 2018.
Helpful Hints for the Application Process
- Review and proofread your application for typos.
- Write about something from your unique perspective. Example: Networking is an important skill, but why is it important to you and your future career path?
- Practice interviewing with a friend. The Career Center has terrific resources on interview preparation.