In a world where natural resources are diminishing and competition for these resources is increasing, you, as a developing business leader, need to master the issues.
As a participant in the Contemplative Leadership and Sustainability Program (CLASP), you'll learn to examine your values and explore how your leadership aligns with those values, especially as organizations begin to grapple with sustainability.
CLASP will enhance your ability to effectively and authentically lead in a world where the supply of natural resources is decreasing and the competition for access to these resources is increasing.
- Any undergraduate business student, engineering student, or student in an appropriate Pathway may apply
- Enroll and be an active participant in BUSN 132
- Participate in scheduled day-long weekend excursions
- Be an active member of your CLASP presentation & reflection team
- Complete the end-of-experience survey
- Participate in nature hikes, company tours, and service days
- 2 academic units per quarter
- Meet with professionals who practice sustainable business methods
- Read, research, and discuss issues related to sustainability, business, development, and ethics
- Become knowledgeable in the history of commerce in the Silicon Valley
- Explore one's values and practice contemplative reflection
- Build a skill-set for contemplative reflection
- Develop leadership skills
Students do not incur direct costs or fees for CLASP and its events