Leavey School of Business Santa Clara University

Arjun Dhalla

LSB Ambassador, Arjun Dhalla Head Shot
Arjun Dhalla
Finance Major
Los Altos, California

Areas of Interest at SCU and LSB:
Finance, Investment Banking, Leadership, Venture Capital

What are your SCU and LSB activities/general hobbies?
Boy Scouts, Waterpolo, Traveling, Cooking, Video Games, Sports

What global experiences have you had in college?
Santa Clara's education is extremely unique in that it not only focuses on business conducted in the U.S. but extends to all parts of the globe. I have been in classes where I was required to conduct analyses and projects on countries like Malaysia, India, and several European countries. Additionally, Santa Clara is open to many foreign exchange students, many of which I have met and become friends with. I have been able to compare and contrast life and schooling here versus other countries.

What internship/employment opportunities have you taken advantage of at LSB?
The LSB offers many opportunities for students to obtain internships and get their foot in the door with various companies. I personally have sat in and listen to speakers from companies like Google and Salesforce which have taught me a lot. The LSB also holds career fairs which are great ways to learn more about the application process and obtaining jobs.

Favorite LSB class. Why?
Management 80 was my favorite class I've taken in the school of business so far. My professor, Darrel Mank, was extremely passionate and knowledgeable on all business subjects which made the class an extremely positive experience. He made learning about business extremely interesting which reinforced my own interests in the subjects. He not only taught facts and details, but he connected in class topics to his own personal experiences within the industry which made the class and subject material more meaningful and relatable.

What made you choose to attend LSB?
I never toured Santa Clara before I applied, but during my Preview Days visit I fell in love with the LSB. I found that the professional environment, updated and refurbished classrooms, as well as professors that are passionate and caring made the LSB so enticing. I had heard many great things about the LSB before applying to college, and I wanted to attend an institution with a strong reputation and foundation.

What advice you wish you had while applying to college?
I was extremely lucky to pick the perfect school to fit my needs, but this is not always the case. My best advice I could give someone would be to ensure the school you are applying to fits your needs. If you are going to dedicate money and time towards something, you should make it meaningful. I recommend any student to tour the campus, ask for recommendations and reviews of the school, and be sure of your goals and future.