Skip to main content
Leavey School of Business Santa Clara University

Malika Singh

LSB Ambassador, Malika Singh Head Shot
Malika Singh
Accounting & Information Systems Major
Saratoga, California

Areas of Interest at SCU and LSB:
Intandesh (South Asian Club), Leavey Ambassadors, Accounting, Info Systems, AKPsi, Study Abroad

SCU and LSB activities/general hobbies:
LSB ambassador! Previously a part of ASG, a member involved in AKPsi, Desk Assistant at the Dean's office. Taking part in research with the accounting department. I love to read (when I can get the time), write, and travel! I also love trying new food.

What global experiences have you had in college?
I got to travel to London with other students (one of my good friends as well as some mutual friends I didn't know so well) and make new friends!! I also am studying abroad in London this upcoming fall. The week before I go abroad, I am visiting one of my best friends from school in India! This school does a great job of connecting you with the right resources to travel. I want to take part of an immersion trip at some point during my time at SCU as well!

What internship/employment opportunities have you taken advantage of at LSB?
I work with the Accounting Department doing research and I also work at the Desk of the Dean's Office in the Business School! Through LSB, I have also obtained an internship for Summer 2020 at PwC in their CMAAS group. Previously, I got an internship through a brother in AKPsi at Merrill Lynch (I also used connections in AKPsi to get my Dean’s Office Desk Job!)

Favorite LSB class. Why?
OMIS 30 - Intro to Python. I have never really gotten along with technology, so I was surprised to find out that I actually enjoy coding! I might go further into the Information Systems side of my Accounting and Info Systems major because of this class!

What made you choose to attend LSB?
I actually started out as a biology major in the College of Arts and Sciences! I ended up transferring into the business school because I saw myself in the business world and knew the school has amazing connections throughout the valley, which is where I want to end up in the future.

What advice you wish you had while applying to college?
I wish I tried out more disciplines before choosing my major when applying. I knew I loved STEM (and still do), but I had never taken a business class or got involved with it until I joined AKPsi in fall freshman year. Try out all potential major options (through classes/organizations at your school) to see what truly interests you!