Skip to main content
Leavey School of Business Santa Clara University

Nick Mansour

LSB Ambassador, Nick Mansour Head Shot
Nick Mansour
Finance Major
Phoenix, Arizona

Areas of Interest at SCU and LSB:
I am interested in the private equity space, so I spend a lot of my time researching the space and reading about it. Through LSB I have been able to create a schedule that allows me to learn about that passion which is an amazing opportunity. I am also a part of the finance association and love to play basketball on campus.

What are your SCU and LSB activities/general hobbies?
Finance Association, Sigma Chi Fraternity, Reading, Investing, Basketball

What global experiences have you had in college? 
After the summer of my freshman year I was able to intern at the Jesuit Refugee Service “JRS”. The office I worked out of was in Rome, Italy. My walk to work was right in front of Saint Peter's Basilica and I got to spend the weekends exploring the city. I also loved the work I was doing, I was a research intern on the Venezuelan humanitarian crisis. By the end of the summer I had created an extensive report on the crisis and where JRS could help most effectively. That experience made me realize how deeply I value my work helping other people and is part of the reason I am interested in joining the Peace Corps after College.  

What internship/employment opportunities have you taken advantage of at LSB?
I have been lucky enough to have a couple amazing internship experiences over the summers throughout my college career. The first as I discussed was my time with JRS. After the summer of my sophomore year I was a Finance Intern at New York Life Insurance Company. That position really helped me cement my understanding of finance and exposed me to what a corporate office was like. This last summer I worked as a Summer Analyst for Pacific Lake Partners which is a small cap private equity firm in San Mateo, California. At Pacific Lake I got exposure to modeling, deal work and more long term market research projects. All of these experiences have been vastly different but all equally important in shaping who I am today. LSB prepared me for each of the opportunities through their classes, clubs, professors and events.  

Favorite LSB class. Why? 
BUSN 70, Contemporary Business Issues, gave me a great overview of all aspects of business and the different types of classes that I would be taking. It helped me choose my major. And helped me meet many people that I am still friends with in the business school today. Mikes Bikes was really cool and taught me the concepts of running a business. Overall it was a great class that helped me find my place in the business school.

What made you choose to attend LSB? 
After coming and visiting the school I knew that I wanted to come here. The people were all welcoming and excited to be here. It felt like the teachers were very knowledgeable and many had worked professionally in the fields they were teaching. As everyone at Santa Clara would say, the weather and the area are amazing. At LSB I knew that I would learn the skills that I would need for working in the business world. I also knew that I would have the opportunities to display those skills through on campus work, clubs, and internships.

What advice you wish you had while applying to college? 
I wish someone would have stopped me at some point and had me list down things that were important to me as a person and what was important to me in a school. I think a lot of the time I was looking at colleges, I was just aimlessly looking without actually thinking about what I wanted. Having a clear idea of the type of school you want and one that fits your values will make the experience of applying to schools much less stressful.