Find information and request forms that you need for putting materials on reserve.
How do I request a reading that I need to be scanned/digitalized?
To have a chapter or article scanned out of a book or journal that is only available in print at the library and can't be purchased in an electronic format:
- Complete an Interlibrary Loan Request. NOTE: The form requires your network login and it records your name.
- Provide a full citation including author, title, and source for all copyrighted material on the form.
- Once it's scanned, the link to the PDF file will be in your interlibrary loan account.
What's the best way to submit a request?
What services does course reserve staff offer to support distance education?
Course reserve staff can help with the following:
- scan readings that are not available in electronic format and that the library owns in print format only,
- order electronic formats of books and films, (PLEASE NOTE: Due to access restrictions, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Vimeo, Youtube, HBO Go, and other private home video companies do not allow institutional streaming access.),
- redirect you to further resources for more complicated support questions.
What is the best way to contact someone for course reserve help?
Course reserve staff can be reached by email at email@example.com.
Will it take very long to process my request?
Please allow at least three weekdays at the beginning of the quarter. Contact the course reserve staff (firstname.lastname@example.org) for current turnaround times.
The following can help us complete your requests more quickly:
- Let us know if you have a 'needed by' date.
- Determine whether or not the library owns the materials you need by checking OSCAR prior to submitting your request.
- Submit purchase requests at least 2 weeks prior to when the items are needed.
- Make sure scanning requests comply with copyright and fair-use guidelines.
Including as much information as possible is the best way to ensure that we can process your materials quickly and efficiently.
How do I order ebooks or streaming video for course reserve?
Can streaming videos be accessed through course reserves?
What do I do if the library doesn't own the item I want on reserve?
What should I do if the book I want on reserve is checked out?
If the book you want on reserve is already checked out, include it on your request form anyway. Library staff will recall the book upon seeing that it's checked out, giving the borrower a few days to return it.
How long can items on reserve be checked out?
Books on reserve can have a 4-hour or 24-hour loan period. DVDs have a 4-hour loan period.
Can items from other libraries go on reserve?
No, only items belonging to the University Library can be placed on reserve.
Can individual reproductions of readings be placed on reserve?
Camino is the preferred medium of distribution for individual reproductions of readings that comply with copyright and fair-use.
What type of materials may be placed on reserve?
DVDs and most items from the Library's Main Stacks, Periodicals and Reference areas may be placed on reserve.