Borrowing & Renewing
- Students: Most regular circulating items may be borrowed for 42 days, except at the end of the term when a final due date may be established.
- Faculty and staff: Most regular circulating items may be borrowed for 180 days, or until the library account expires, if less.
- Courtesy Cards: Most regular circulating items can be checked out for 21 days.
- DVDs, maps, and journals all circulate for 7 days.
- Tablets circulate for 21 days to students, faculty, and staff only.
- Course Reserve items circulate for 4 hours or 24 hours (chosen by faculty).
- Reference books and microfiche/film do not circulate.
- Occasionally we may require that an item be returned sooner than the original due date for another patron or course.
- Students: There is a limit of 3 online renewals for regular circulating items and 1 online renewal for 7-day items.
- Faculty and staff: There is a limit of 10 online renewals for regular circulating items and 1 online renewal for 7-day items.
- Courtesy Cards: Renewals must be done in person or by phone. There is a limit of 3 renewals for regular circulating items and 1 renewal for 7-day items.
- Most items may be renewed unless they are needed by another patron or for course reserves.
- Renewals can be requested through My Library Account.
Overdue & Lost Items
- Library materials not returned by the third overdue notice will result in a block on your library privileges.
- Further delays in returning library materials will result in each overdue item being billed at $125.
- Students: Bills for lost materials will be transferred to your bursar account and may result in a hold on your student account.
If you have questions, please contact the Library Help Desk (email@example.com, 408-554-5020) for more information.