Strategic Plan, 2017-20
When the University Library's 2013-18 Strategic Plan was released in 2013, we expected the plan would take five years to implement. In early 2016, we realized that the Library had already accomplished over 85% of the plan's objectives and a revision was in order. The 2017-20 Strategic Plan builds on the success of the 2013-18 Strategic Plan articulating new goals and objectives under five overarching priorities. These priorities have been modified from the 2013-18 plan based on our accomplishments and establishment of new directions.
- Inspire a Culture of Engagement
- Redefine and Transform Collections
- Empower an innovative and responsive staff
- Cultivate Dynamic Teaching and Learning
- Cultivate a Climate of Assessment
Our educational programs provide a key link between the Library and our community, and we look to expand our focus and partnerships in supporting a diverse and inclusive community. Priority one focuses on these programs and our involvement in key new initiatives such as digital scholarship. Priority two articulates the need for an overarching philosophy to guide our collections, while also expanding the impact of our unique collections, and reaffirming our commitment to open access. To accomplish our objectives, we need an innovative and responsive staff, the focus of priority three. The Library's role as a collaborative educational partner, focusing on teaching and learning spaces, is the focus of priority four. Finally, in order to understand how well we are meeting the needs of our communities, priority five outlines a programmatic structure for assessment and communication of our impact and value.
The Library's 2017-20 Strategic Plan complements the University's mission to build an academic community that educates leaders of competence, conscience, and compassion, and that cultivates knowledge and faith to build a more humane, just, and sustainable world.
The members of the 2017-20 Strategic Planning Committee were:
- Nicole Branch, Head of Instruction & Assessment
- Helene Lafrance, Head of Research & Outreach
- Wen-Ying Lu, Head of Cataloging
- Rice Majors, Associate University Librarian for Collections & Scholarly Communication
- Elizabeth McKeigue, Associate University Librarian for Learning & Engagement
- Jennifer Nutefall, University Librarian
- Ray Scroggin, Digital Initiatives Assistant
- Anthony Metten, Facilitator/Organizational Development HR