Priority 3: Strengthen the Library's Long-term Organizational Health and Success
In light of evolving institutional realities we are evaluating ways to demonstrate our commitment to our mission. Staff are empowered to be creative, take risks, and continuously innovate to meet the needs of our communities.
- Goal 1: Develop responsive systems and capacity to address emergencies and critical events.
- Objective 1: Identify operational efficiencies to meet the new budget climate
- Objective 2: Develop library-specific plans to ensure continuity of operations and the health and safety of staff for a variety of emergency or critical event scenarios
- Objective 3: Document and communicate the value of library staff, services, and collections during emergencies or other critical events
- Objective 4: Identify affordable professional development opportunities to continue to support staff growth
- Goal 2: Nurture the Library's organizational culture.
- Objective 1: Conduct a landscape analysis of the library and develop specific recommendations for action
- Objective 2: Create, implement, and review results of a library climate survey
- Objective 3: Support staff to propose and incubate new ideas
- Goal 3: Enhance library team building.
- Objective 1: Identify opportunities to support a sense of community within the library, especially when working remotely
- Objective 2: Affirm best practices for communication and feedback among staff
- Objective 3: Assess and review the representation of library staff on committees and in partnerships
- Objective 4: Deepen our culture of recognition and appreciation