Priority 4: Optimize the Community Experience
Library staff continually improve the usability and accessibility of the library's online and physical environments, seeking to provide a welcome and positive experience for all library patrons.
- Goal 1: Establish a library-wide standard of service excellence in both online and physical environments.
- Objective 1: Develop a shared consensus among all library staff of the definition of a standard of service excellence
- Objective 2: Develop a suite of staff resources and training to support service excellence
- Objective 3: Implement a scheduled assessment plan to measure patron perceptions of service quality
- Goal 2: Further develop a responsive, user-friendly and accessible online library experience.
- Objective 1: Ensure that online library resources meet current accessibility standards and best practices
- Objective 2: Implement the necessary tools to ensure optimal management and discoverability of library resources
- Objective 3: Develop a scheduled assessment plan to measure usability and discoverability of library's online resources
- Goal 3: Create a welcoming and inclusive environment that reflects the diverse needs and experiences of all members of the university community.
- Objective 1: Evaluate the effectiveness of current library service points and recommend possible changes to improve patron experience
- Objective 2: Evaluate the accessibility of Learning Commons physical spaces and advocate for necessary improvements
- Objective 3 : Evaluate programming to encourage wide use of the Learning Commons space
- Objective 4: Implement diversity assessments for physical and electronic collections