Santa Clara University Library provides the following additional services to SCU students, faculty, staff, and courtesy card holders with disabilities.
- Adaptive Equipment
- Collections in Alternative Formats
- Book Retrieval
- Check-out Services
- Photocopying and Printing
- Building Access and Parking
- Individual Assistance
NOTE: SCU students with disabilities are encouraged to visit or contact the Office of Disabilities Resources in the Benson Center to learn more about additional resources & services available on campus (408-554-4109).
Adaptive Technology Workstation
Available for use in the information commons. It features a motorized adjustable table, a dedicated scanner, and headphones.
Large Print Books
- Large print books are available to SCU students, faculty, and staff through LINK+.
- To search for large print books, go to LINK+, choose Keyword Search and add the words " and large print" to your search.
- The library does not maintain a significant in-house collection of large print books.
- For additional assistance, ask at the Library Help Desk (email@example.com, 408-554-5020).
Electronic Books (eBooks)
- The Library has an extensive collection of eBooks available for use by current SCU students, faculty and staff.
- More information on searching for electronic books is available online.
- Ask at the Library Help Desk for additional assistance (firstname.lastname@example.org, 408-554-5020).
- Library materials are retrieved from the shelf for patrons with disabilities who request this service.
- Patrons may request this service at the Library Help Desk.
- Depending on the number of items and staff availability, the items may either be retrieved upon request or made available for pick-up the following day.
- Current SCU students, faculty, or staff with disabilities may be eligible to checkout non-circulating materials.
- Requests for this service are placed at the Library Help Desk (email@example.com, 408-554-5020).
- All photocopy machines in the learning commons meet ADA physical accessibility requirements.
- Requests for help with printing or photocopying can be made at the Library Help Desk.
- Library staff will copy or print a reasonable number of items for persons with disabilities.
- Depending on the number of items to be copied and staff availability, patrons may be asked to leave the selections to be copied for next day pick-up.
- The main learning commons entrance is equipped with an automatic entrance/exit doors.
- All restrooms are wheelchair accessible.
- All service desks have wheelchair accessible counters.
- A wheelchair accessible computer is available for use in the Information Commons.
- Disabled access parking spaces are available on the first floor of the parking structure located next to the learning commons.
- Library staff will assist persons with disabilities in reading, writing, or printing out entries from OSCAR, web based resources, or other information sources.
- To arrange for individual assistance and training, please contact the Library Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org, 408-554-5020).