The Library & Learning Commons is a resource shared by the entire University community. To maintain the Library & Learning Commons as an inviting and comfortable space for study and research while also maintaining the value of the furnishings, collections, and equipment, we have policies governing food & beverage consumption.
- Food and beverages are permitted in the Library & Learning Commons.
- Pre-packaged snacks or covered containers of food are permitted in most areas. Drinks in bottles which can be closed and other spill-resistant containers are also permitted. Beverages in open containers are not allowed except in the lobby cafeteria area.
- Food and beverages of any kind are not permitted in Archives & Special Collections or the book stacks.
- If something spills, clean it up right away or report it to the Library Help Desk. Leave your workspace tidy for the next library user.
- Deliveries of food are not permitted in the Library & Learning Commons with the exception of catered events organized by the University.
- The University is a smoke and tobacco free campus. Vaping is not permitted anywhere in the Library & Learning Commons.
- Alcohol may not be consumed in the Library & Learning Commons with the exception of sponsored events.
Last updated Monday, September 12, 2022.